Calgel Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbie123

Reaction score
Hi

I am a new tech and have trained with Calgel. This is a really silly question but i was practising on a friend who had really uneven smile lines and she wanted french overlay done with clear and white gel. It looked really awful as the whites of her nail were half way down her nail and were uneven at the side. Should i have used the pink gel with the white and "guessed" the smile line? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

Paula:confused:

Do you mean she has a really short nail bed, possibly a reformed nail biter? I would say, yes, you need to put the white where it should be rather than where it is, but you're right, clear would be no good. Pink may be ok but you would probably need to use a pink that is not translucent, you need something with coverage. Some techs use ccb (custom colour blend) for this but I'm not sure you can do that with Calgel.

With this type of nail i use Calgel number 43 with 01 for the whites. If you do 2 coats of 43 (a lovely pink shimmer) you get enough coverage and can put the white back where it should be. I finish with a coat of clear over the whole nail.

Thanks for the advice I will defo try the no 43, and fingers crossed i will get to grips with the "tricky" nails!!:)

With this type of nail i use Calgel number 43 with 01 for the whites. If you do 2 coats of 43 (a lovely pink shimmer) you get enough coverage and can put the white back where it should be. I finish with a coat of clear over the whole nail.
Good advice and I agree. You can difinitely disguise the natural smile with a pretty pink shimmer.

I use Calgel and I have stopped using 43 for the following reason, when it comes to infills the colour never matches up properly and it starts to look like a yucky salmon pink instead of the nice shimmer it started as.

I did ask Calgel if they have a true camoflague(sp?) pink and they don't, so at the moment I am on the hunt for another brands pink to use instead as I have a few clients who's nail bed could do with extending.

I use Calgel and I have stopped using 43 for the following reason, when it comes to infills the colour never matches up properly and it starts to look like a yucky salmon pink instead of the nice shimmer it started as.

I did ask Calgel if they have a true camoflague(sp?) pink and they don't, so at the moment I am on the hunt for another brands pink to use instead as I have a few clients who's nail bed could do with extending.

I personally dont have this problem with no.43 - If you infill and do a very thin layer back over the 43 then this totally refreshes the colour of it!

I love the white (01) and pink shimmer (43) that clagel do - as already mentioned they can be used to totally mask any problems, whilst still looking quite natural! My clients LOVE the result of these colours! It's so easy too! x

I too have stopped using no. 43 for the same reasons (I dont like the salmon pink or the shimmer) so i have been using Nail Creations cover pink when I need to otherwise I use calgel clear with no. 1 white. I always put a layer of calgel clear over entire nail then cure before using NC pink tho. Would so love calgel to make a gel 'pretty pink' that masks!

Latest posts

Back