Calgel, IBD gel polish & acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimsgc

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm just starting up & I'm been trying to decide what systems to go for. There are so many people in my area offering gel polish at such cheap rates I initially wanted to steer clear of this & after some research I decided on doing a Calgel course... However I realistically won't be able to afford to do this until Aug/Sept & I want to keep doing nails in the meantime to perfect my technique/timings etc. Yesterday I came across the IBD gel polish range at my local wholesalers & the colours look really good, the costs seemed quite reasonable & the owner said they've had really good feedback from nail techs using this product... So I thought it might be a good idea to get a range of colours & offer this to family/friends until I can do the Calgel course (I would just charge them enough to cover the cost of products as they would be helping me out by giving me practice/feedback!). But... Is it a good idea to do this? I can't decide if it's better for clients to have the choice between hard gel/gel polish or whether it'd be pointless for me to do both?! Also... Is it a good/bad idea to throw acrylics into the mix? I understand that you can do extensions/tips with Calgel & as it's so much better for your nails I don't know whether to offer acrylics too. Sorry if this is a bit jumbled, I've tried to keep it short but I have so many questions!! Any advice gratefully received :) x

PS, Another question I forgot to put above.... As far as I'm aware I can purchase the IBD products without undertaking a course, whereas with Shellac I'd need to do a conversion course (I think!). Does this make any difference to how clients would view IBD? I don't want it to seem like I'm offering an 'unprofessional - for want of a better word' service by using products anyone can buy. I know this is a bit of a controversial subject & don't want to cause any offense to anyone (my college tutor only uses BlueSky as she said she gets the best results & her clients prefer it). I just want to make sure my clients know I've put a lot of effort/money into training & offer the best service/products possible to them x

I use ibd and its a pretty well thought of brand. I enjoy using it and like the colour range. To build up colours my mum used to pick a new colour each time and gave me the money for it. Really helped me build up a begging of a collection. Its not that everyone can buy it, the authorised distributors are trade only places. I also do acrylics. People tend to automatically ask for acrylic as a type of extension, unless they specifically like gel x

I use ibd and its a pretty well thought of brand. I enjoy using it and like the colour range. To build up colours my mum used to pick a new colour each time and gave me the money for it. Really helped me build up a begging of a collection. Its not that everyone can buy it, the authorised distributors are trade only places. I also do acrylics. People tend to automatically ask for acrylic as a type of extension, unless they specifically like gel x

Thank you, that's helpful :) Hadn't thought of building up a collection like that, that's a good idea for family & friends! x

Latest posts

Back