calgel infils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
sorry but its me again!!! just finished a set of calgel french infils had a problem with the filing, i seemed to be chasing the line, it seemed that the gel was breaking up when i put a file to it i used a 180 and a white block i'm confused because i didnt have this with akzentz instead of just making the cutical flush i had buffed most of the gel nearly to the white !!! i tried filing above the line but the gel above seemed to rub of too (if that makes sense ???) any suggestions before i do my conversion course in jan :rolleyes:

I must admit i rarely infill french i just soak off and start again.I find this the quickest and best way for me if they have grown out quite a bit.

I must admit i rarely infill french i just soak off and start again.I find this the quickest and best way for me if they have grown out quite a bit.

Me too, most of my clients go 3/4 weeks with french and colour nno's, I soak off using the foil method and start again.

Is it possible the initial gel application is a bit too thin if it is coming away so easily?? I don't really get this problem with calgel infills unless there is lifting already and then i buff it all away till there is hardly anything left.

As long as you can't see the infill lines it doesn't matter if you end up taking loads off anyway in my opinion!!

With Calgel there is very rarely lifting. It could be your prep. What are your prep steps. xx

i never get any lifting it looks like the gel is tearing as i'm filing/buffing so i'm chasing the line ?

prep is
wash hands
cuticals
240 buff
calguard

then

wetting layer x1
second layer offloading at stress area x2/3
keeping it nice and thin at cutical x2/3
cap wipe x2/3

Hi , I know you do gel which is different but this thread may help a bit :hug:

Line out is it lazy or any help at all ? as I try so hard to get rid of that line
(
multipage.gif
1 2)

Hi Lilly !

If you arent getting any lifting (and its rare with this gel ) then Im wondering if you are filing round the cuticle with too harsh a file ? You only really need to white block that area unless your application is a bit thick. Sounds like your file is tearing the gel ?

hey motherbird, i think your right, i have just infilled my nails and they are ok, i think i was trying to be TOO particular with the filing i just quickly swipped with a 180 then white blocked when i placed gel over, no fill line !

Latest posts

Back