Calgel - My Fault?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyQs

Reaction score
I have been working with Calgel doing NNO. I am relatively new and am practicing on family members. I am finding that my overlays seem to last very well for 2 weeks and then start to be problematic. When I used to get my nails done with Calgel or Bio, they easily lasted 3 weeks. If my technique is problematic, would they last successfully for 2 weeks? I know the two people I have worked on do not wear rubber gloves for cleaning and dish washing etc. My own overlays seem to last fine. If I am doing something wrong, I want to fix it, so what I am really trying to say is, if it is an application problem, would it show up right away, or could it come up 2 weeks later? I just can't seem to hit that 3 week mark! Thanks geeks!
Alex:)

Sometimes its not your application but the wearer of the nails.

Yes, any faults you have done would show a day or 2 later with gel on cuticle etc.

Without the client wearing rubber gloves she is risking the cleaning products been 'absorbed' into the gel. I find that the cleaning product starts to 'eat' away at the gel so the lifting tends to be more gradual, so by 2 weeks the gel will be flimsy with lifting. With colour the lifting is less evident as opposed to clear.

Its all in trial and error and you will know if your application is correct then the problem is not with you.

Sometimes its not your application but the wearer of the nails.

Yes, any faults you have done would show a day or 2 later with gel on cuticle etc.

Without the client wearing rubber gloves she is risking the cleaning products been 'absorbed' into the gel. I find that the cleaning product starts to 'eat' away at the gel so the lifting tends to be more gradual, so by 2 weeks the gel will be flimsy with lifting. With colour the lifting is less evident as opposed to clear.

Its all in trial and error and you will know if your application is correct then the problem is not with you.

Thanks Pazzy. That's what I was thinking. When I first started out they had problems within a few days and I realized I wasn't capping properly. What you say about chemicals eating away at the gel makes sense. Also, they are both french so I can see how it may have not showed up right away. I will share this info. with them to encourage glove use. :)Thanks for sharing your expertise! alex

Latest posts

Back