Calgel nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
I use Calgel but have never tried their polish as i have a stock of orly and opi.I now need some new ones and the calgel varnish is an exact colour match for the gels but id like to know about the quality before i buy.Anyone tried them?

I use Calgel but have never tried their polish as i have a stock of orly and opi.I now need some new ones and the calgel varnish is an exact colour match for the gels but id like to know about the quality before i buy.Anyone tried them?

Hi Gill,

Thanks for starting this thread, you read my mind!!:lol:

I have used Calgel for ages, but never tried thier polishes! We had a play with a few on our course, and from what I remember they went on lovely - but obviously because it wasn't on my own nail I have no idea of how long it lasts.

I use essie and have always had fab long lasting results, wouldn't want to try another brand out on a client only to find it doesnt last as well as what they are used to!

I may order one or two with my next order just to see, but would be interested to hear from other geeks that have tried Calgel polish out and what results they got with it :hug:

Hi Gill,

Thanks for starting this thread, you read my mind!!:lol:

I have used Calgel for ages, but never tried thier polishes! We had a play with a few on our course, and from what I remember they went on lovely - but obviously because it wasn't on my own nail I have no idea of how long it lasts.

I use essie and have always had fab long lasting results, wouldn't want to try another brand out on a client only to find it doesnt last as well as what they are used to!

I may order one or two with my next order just to see, but would be interested to hear from other geeks that have tried Calgel polish out and what results they got with it :hug:

Yes it seems silly we are not supporting the company we use for our enhancements especially as they match and are good for retailing or to do on toes if they dont want gel.
Im sure i read that they are going to be repackaged soon but dont know whether they are changing the formulation as well.I expect they will go up in price once repackaged.They also may start to do offers on the stock to shift it before they sell the new stuff.

They are great for touching up and retail well.

I find they go a wee bit thick quite quickly, but so does my Calcrystal so it may be heat in my room.

They definitely let the enhancement wearer get longer out of their NNO

hth's

Latest posts

Back