Calgel Nail Systems, Training and Polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terese

Reaction score
Hi all:) Im having a peek at Calgel Nail System, whats your geeky thoughts on the system.

I would also appreciate thoughts on the Nail Polishes Calgel do, how are the brushes for application, do the polishes for French show good clarity, is the product good to work with does it go thick quickly?

I have spoken and recieved info from Calgel and have found them very helpful.

Cheers in advance Teresa:)

hi Ive just brought the starter kit and find it very easy to use. As I have only just started using it am waiting to see how the people get on with the nails!!

Laura

The wonderful thing about Calgel is that the coloured gels can be used just like polishes and whereas a polish/enamel would only last 5 to 7 days max, the gels last 2 to 3 weeks before needing infils or colour change.

You prep the nail as for any enhancement and can apply Calgel colour directly to the prepped nail plate and then gloss over. You don't have to build if the nail is a reasonable length.

Quick and easy and soaks off with no problems. Infact, colour soakoff is quicker than clear. HTH.

are they easy to apply and is their much call for them?

I use Calgel coloured gels but I don't find a need for the enamals. My trainer has them all on display so people can get a better idea of what the corresponding gel colour is, but even she doesn't use them or sell them very often. The beauty of the coloured gel is that it looks just like polish but doesn't chip and stays super shiny.
hths

I don't use the polishes for manicures but i do sell them for my calgel clients. If they can't get in for infills they buy them so they can touch up the regrowth area or so they can do their toes to match.

The bottles are a bit old fashioned looking but i believe they are in the process of updating the packaging.

The gel itself is fab and a great range of colours and the training is brilliant.

Calgel have advertised in womens mags. I had a new client this week who wanted Calgel because she saw an ad. She phoned calgel HQ and got my number. I have other clients who rant and rave about Calgel and searched the internet for it and found me. I have never been so surprized I even had a call from a lady who lived 40 miles away who was desperate for calgel! It seems to be growing in popularity very quickly these days. If this will be your first course in nails then I am sure you will love it. Calgel have a great customer service/back up for continued help and advice. Good luck.

Thanks Debbie, im off the gmex on sunday so I am hoping to have a look and play with some of the systems Im looking at, I have a salon opening at end of Nov so would like to get trained. I have done a star nails course 18 mts ago. Im interested in CND as well so am looking forward to checking these all out, Thanks again

are they easy to apply and is their much call for them?
Minkus on this site can give you loads of fab info re calgel. She's my Calgel guru on Salon Geek. Why not pm her as I'm sure she won't mind.

Calgel have the exact same polishes as they do gels, so I would imagine that you would get far more call for coloured gel than polish as it lasts longer.

Here is simple example on how you could market your gel business to maximize profit. A client phones you to ask if you can give her a manicure with a gorgeous pink to match her dress for a party. If you charge eg. £15 for manicure then you could offer her the equivalent colour gel for eg. £25.

The advantage is that her colour will last 3 weeks for £25 as opposed to a polish which lasts only a few days for £15. The polish can smudge as she puts her keys into the ignition, whereas her gel is fixed under the lamp and smudge free. Now which would you choose?

This way you may end up with a regular client, whereas I think most manicure clients tend to be one offs. HTH and have fun at Gmex :green: .

Minkus on this site can give you loads of fab info re calgel. She's my Calgel guru on Salon Geek. Why not pm her as I'm sure she won't mind.

Calgel have the exact same polishes as they do gels, so I would imagine that you would get far more call for coloured gel than polish as it lasts longer.

Here is simple example on how you could market your gel business to maximize profit. A client phones you to ask if you can give her a manicure with a gorgeous pink to match her dress for a party. If you charge eg. £15 for manicure then you could offer her the equivalent colour gel for eg. £25.

The advantage is that her colour will last 3 weeks for £25 as opposed to a polish which lasts only a few days for £15. The polish can smudge as she puts her keys into the ignition, whereas her gel is fixed under the lamp and smudge free. Now which would you choose?

This way you may end up with a regular client, whereas I think most manicure clients tend to be one offs. HTH and have fun at Gmex :green: .
With advice like that,as a client i know what i would choose if i was having a manicure...:green:

:)Its great when you have advice like that....thinking outside the box...im feeling really good about these nails now.

Teresa

Latest posts

Back