Calgel no 37 - almost complete colour loss in sun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mousie

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and am interested in your opinions. I've been doing Calgel nails for almost 18 months now with no problems (except a speckly no 55 once), and love(d) the product, the customer service, colour range etc.

However, I recently had 2 ladies return from holidays and their no 37a (pink) has gone almost clear, it was only pink at the tips (no exaggeration!). I'm pretty sure it was due to the uv as 1 ladys' thumb was still pink where she'd been holding a book.
I stirred the pot really well, and used Calcrystal and they both bought and used it on holiday. 1 lady texted me within 2 days of being away, it lost the pigment that quick! (I have photos but am struggling to load them).

I rang Calgel who said to return the pot to test it - it was a new pot, so figured it must be a faulty batch. They tested it on a lady in the office and told me there was nothing wrong with it and that next time I should use SuperClear top coat to prevent it. I had to do 2 free sets for the ladies and Calgels solution was for me to spend more money with them (20% off some SuperClear) and would not replace the pink - I am really annoyed as I've never needed Superclear and most of my clients use sunbeds / go on holiday with no problems - I feel cornered as my training and stock is all Calgel.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen - it's ironic that I chose Calgel over Bio-Sculpture as their customer service had a good reputation. What would you do? Are there any soft gels on a par that you don't have to pay for the whole course again - all advice will be gratefully received xxx (sorry for the rant!) Julie

Hi, I'm new here and am interested in your opinions. I've been doing Calgel nails for almost 18 months now with no problems (except a speckly no 55 once), and love(d) the product, the customer service, colour range etc.

However, I recently had 2 ladies return from holidays and their no 37a (pink) has gone almost clear, it was only pink at the tips (no exaggeration!). I'm pretty sure it was due to the uv as 1 ladys' thumb was still pink where she'd been holding a book.
I stirred the pot really well, and used Calcrystal and they both bought and used it on holiday. 1 lady texted me within 2 days of being away, it lost the pigment that quick! (I have photos but am struggling to load them).

I rang Calgel who said to return the pot to test it - it was a new pot, so figured it must be a faulty batch. They tested it on a lady in the office and told me there was nothing wrong with it and that next time I should use SuperClear top coat to prevent it. I had to do 2 free sets for the ladies and Calgels solution was for me to spend more money with them (20% off some SuperClear) and would not replace the pink - I am really annoyed as I've never needed Superclear and most of my clients use sunbeds / go on holiday with no problems - I feel cornered as my training and stock is all Calgel.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen - it's ironic that I chose Calgel over Bio-Sculpture as their customer service had a good reputation. What would you do? Are there any soft gels on a par that you don't have to pay for the whole course again - all advice will be gratefully received xxx (sorry for the rant!) Julie

Yes they have and it is because certain pinks in all gel lines are prone to fading in the sun plus chlorine or when certain insect repellents are used or certain suntan lotions that contain anti-insecticides. All this info should be in the after care advice you give your clients before they go on holiday.

Latest posts

Back