Calgel or Biosculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindawh3@blueyo

Reaction score
:cry: Hi, I am brand new to this, so please be gentle. I am a qualified mobile nail tech, I have been reading up on Calgel and Biosculpt nail systems. I have tried to buy the products to try out but have drawn a blank. It looks like I need to go on a course to be allowed to purchase the products, surely it's not rocket science! also the courses are miles away from where I live. Does anyone know about these systems, what the products are like and most of all where can I buy!!!!! please help.:irked:

Its not rocket science, no, but it is very important you get trained on whatever system you choose. Its not just about application, but you need to know about the hygiene, health and safety, contra-indications, and how to ensure you get the best out of a product...its not just about 'whacking a bit of gel' on anyone that sticks their fingers out. What would you say if a client came back with red itchy fingers...how would you know if it was something you did, they did or they were allergic?????

Both companies are very good....and very highly respected, mainly because they a/ have excellent quality products and b/ don't just sell to anyone. I personally have built a very strong business with Bio Sculpture, but I would say the most valuable thing I purchased from them is my training. I know how to get the very best out of the product and instantly troubleshoot any problems that may occur.

Without training I also couldn't get insurance....so said client above could effectively sue me....and i would be personally liable for what could be a fortune!

Hairdressing probably isn't rocket science either....would you comfortably go to a hairdresser that didn't train?

:cry: Hi, I am brand new to this, so please be gentle. I am a qualified mobile nail tech, I have been reading up on Calgel and Biosculpt nail systems. I have tried to buy the products to try out but have drawn a blank. It looks like I need to go on a course to be allowed to purchase the products, surely it's not rocket science! also the courses are miles away from where I live. Does anyone know about these systems, what the products are like and most of all where can I buy!!!!! please help.:irked:

I recently completed my training with Bio Sculpture. Neither company will allow you to purchase their gel unless you have training with them - regardless of any other training experiences. Because I previously trained with Calgel, Bio allowed me to do a conversion course. Even if you have trained with one of the two, you would want the training for the second. For example the Bio S Gel goes on differently than any Calgel. The sculpting gels are also quite different to work with. I wouldn't want to use either one without their training - I would have wasted a lot of gel and had many headaches. Plus I think that is part of the appeal with both gels - not just anyone can buy them, therefore consumers know they are getting someone trained specifically in their application. I think you will find the training well worthwhile. Good luck!

I can only speak for Calgel.There are free taster days you can go on to see the product and try it for yourself.Also if you do decide to train the kit is very generous and you will be able to make back much of the money you have spent.
Calgel is quite a bit different to other gels in many ways.It is often quite temperamental, without training you may apply the product and it may look perfect but if you havent prepped properly or applied it in the way you should it wont stay on for long.

I have been reading up on Calgel and Biosculpt nail systems. I have tried to buy the products to try out but have drawn a blank. It looks like I need to go on a course to be allowed to purchase the products, surely it's not rocket science!
No reputable nail company will allow you to purchase professional products without the relevant training.

No, it isn't rocket science, but you sure as heck could cause some serious damage to people's nails if you don't get yourself educated in how to use the products in the first place.

You might find these threads interesting... click here and here

hth's

I agree you need training as you'll hit problems if you dont and ....you'll get back up support too!!!

I personally prefer calgel for strenght and ease of filing - but biosculpture has a much better range of colours ...sorry i KNOW that is not much help !

Do you have a demand for coloured gel? if not ...maybe go for calgel !

Whats popular in your area?

hth

amb x

The courses are far away but I think its well worth going to - bio gel is really popular and is fast to apply (ie overlays).

I love l&p but without trying I do more bio than l&p because it solves many problems (ie the client not wanting a full set of nails but wanting the effects of french to last and just needing 2 or 3 extended - or a repair).

People do prefer it.

To be honest - the reason they want you to train is because although it looks easy - it can be applied wrong - the results would be overlays that lift within a day. More cost to you - because they cant really be repaired when they lift - they just have to come off.
This would give the gel a bad name. And even with the training more practise is required to get it right.

I have just trained with calgel. It is certainly worth investing in proper training for the product and as everyone has said you can't buy the gel without the qualification. The product is great, i think - but they don't want any old jo slapping it on and giving it a bad name. They also give support for after training too (if you have probs, just call the educator)
Well worth the time and cost in my view
good luck

Thanks for the advice, I have been in touch with Calgel today regarding course info....really looking forward to the training......the info I have read about the product and the comments all seem to be good cant wait to get started!! x

Hi

can you tel me where calgel are based as i live in the shropshire area
I would like to do a course but i want to find the best training
i can do the liquid and powder as i trained in college but i felt the training wasn't very good. They had about three tutors in one year and its put me of doing that system:confused:

Having managed a salon, I can tell you that we regularly got people coming in to ask if we did Bio Sculpture. So, if it were me, I would train with them as they've already got a following. xxx

Latest posts

Back