Calgel super clear gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
I now know putting a bit of purple in your clear prevents yellowing and gives a brighter finish but has anyone tried the super clear gel.Isnt this supposed to be an anti yellowing gel topcoat.

OOOOOOh Gillian, I am soooooo glad you posted this. I bought the Super Clear and have to say that I quite like it although haven't used it that much to date.

It is runnier that the clear gel, but then it is just a top coat. One of the peeps at Calgel said to 'not bother' as this person favoured the Calcrystal. Thing is, you need to retail the Calcrystal to your clients and they do need to reapply it, or else their nails go yellow. With the Superclear, it is a one off top coat and probably better for the client less likely to look after their enhancements between services.

I'm happy with it so far. Wonder if Amb (Calgel guru :wink2:)has any thoughts on this?

OOOOOOh Gillian, I am soooooo glad you posted this. I bought the Super Clear and have to say that I quite like it although haven't used it that much to date.

It is runnier that the clear gel, but then it is just a top coat. One of the peeps at Calgel said to 'not bother' as this person favoured the Calcrystal. Thing is, you need to retail the Calcrystal to your clients and they do need to reapply it, or else their nails go yellow. With the Superclear, it is a one off top coat and probably better for the client less likely to look after their enhancements between services.

I'm happy with it so far. Wonder if Amb (Calgel guru :wink2:)has any thoughts on this?

hi ya

calgel guru !!:green: not sure i am a guru he he

Anyhow i have tried the super clear - not really over impressed.

I love the calcrystal it REALLY can brighten them up.

Most of my ladies DONT use it in between appointments though (too tight to purchase or forget to use it!)

I find with calgel SOME peeps it will discolour on some it doesnt.....majority it doesn't.

If i have REALLY bad discolouration which i may say is not a regular occurence unless some muppet uses fake tan and doesnt protect there nails...i'd switch to my file off gels.

Interested to hear about the purple rain though - must give that a try.

amb x

hi ya

calgel guru !!:green: not sure i am a guru he he

Anyhow i have tried the super clear - not really over impressed.

I love the calcrystal it REALLY can brighten them up.

Most of my ladies DONT use it in between appointments though (too tight to purchase or forget to use it!)

I find with calgel SOME peeps it will discolour on some it doesnt.....majority it doesn't.

If i have REALLY bad discolouration which i may say is not a regular occurence unless some muppet uses fake tan and doesnt protect there nails...i'd switch to my file off gels.

Interested to hear about the purple rain though - must give that a try.

amb x
May I ask why you are not impressed by the Superclear 'Oh Calgel Guru':green:? I would be interested in your reasons.

Evidently not purple rain..Its purple cga6s on the nail art chart.Im just going to order it now.
What we need are smaller bottles of calcrystal and oil.Many of my ladies find it gets a bit thick before they have used it also it would be a bit cheaper for them to pay out at their appointment.
Must say its the retail bit i hate the most never did like doing that.

May I ask why you are not impressed by the Superclear 'Oh Calgel Guru':green:? I would be interested in your reasons.

personally ....i didnt notice it made any difference - but hey thats just my thoughts on my clients.

Evidently not purple rain..Its purple cga6s on the nail art chart.Im just going to order it now.
What we need are smaller bottles of calcrystal and oil.Many of my ladies find it gets a bit thick before they have used it also it would be a bit cheaper for them to pay out at their appointment.

Yep - got that thanks for pointing that out.

I DO agree that by the time your 1/2 way down the calcrystal it starts to go thick!

You'd think they'd have a solution for that wouldnt you!

I hate retailing too - because i HATE it when peeps do it to me at the hairdressers etc....i so need to get over this !

Amb xx

I join you on this. Not my strong point either which is why I mentioned the retail bit in my first post. I'm not a good sales person and I don't like to be pushy because I don't like people pushing me. I also haven't got the gift of the gab, lol.

Thanks for your reply Amb. xx

Just placed an order.I only wanted a clear gel but ended up £176 worse off:).I mentioned about smaller sizes like they have in the kits for retail,but no plans for the near future, although lots of other things are being repackaged.

Just placed an order.I only wanted a clear gel but ended up £176 worse off:).I mentioned about smaller sizes like they have in the kits for retail,but no plans for the near future, although lots of other things are being repackaged.

On my training I asked the question if CalCrystal comes in smaller bottles to retail and I was told no.

I did mention that it would be better / easier to retail etc, but I was told that I need to push and sell the bigger bottles :irked:

Like most people on here, I hate retailing as well and have to agree, I hate it when people do it to me, so I don't want to inflict the same thing on my clients. I know it's something I need to get over, but I just can't do it.

I also find the brush of the CalCrystal isn't the nicest to use .... doesn't fan or anything and I feel I'm poking the nail with the brush rather than stroking it. Is it just me ??

Marlise

On my training I asked the question if CalCrystal comes in smaller bottles to retail and I was told no.

I did mention that it would be better / easier to retail etc, but I was told that I need to push and sell the bigger bottles :irked:

Like most people on here, I hate retailing as well and have to agree, I hate it when people do it to me, so I don't want to inflict the same thing on my clients. I know it's something I need to get over, but I just can't do it.

I also find the brush of the CalCrystal isn't the nicest to use .... doesn't fan or anything and I feel I'm poking the nail with the brush rather than stroking it. Is it just me ??

Marlise

No its not just you,its not a favourite product but very necessary unfortunately.
It doesnt make sense that they dont want to sell it in smaller bottles.When i have ladies having Calgel for the first time they dont want to purchase anything at all really as they dont know how they are going to get on with the calgel. If there were smaller cheaper bottles of calcrystal i could more easily sell that.Who wants to buy large bottles of a quite expensive top coat when you don't know whether you are going to keep having the extensions.

I also asked the quesion and was given a similar answer.

However this is what I do and I have spoken to Robyn and she knows I do this and is cool about it.

I decant my calcrystal and cuticle oil into pinkie bottles and retail and they walk out the door, just like solar oil. I have little pinkie bottles and it works for me. I have trouble retailing the larger bottles but these are fine and I know its cheaper for the client to purchase bigger ones but mine like little ones and im not complaining.

I also asked the quesion and was given a similar answer.

However this is what I do and I have spoken to Robyn and she knows I do this and is cool about it.

I decant my calcrystal and cuticle oil into pinkie bottles and retail and they walk out the door, just like solar oil. I have little pinkie bottles and it works for me. I have trouble retailing the larger bottles but these are fine and I know its cheaper for the client to purchase bigger ones but mine like little ones and im not complaining.

ohh where do you get the little bottles from?

thanks

Funny enough...

I dont have a problem with selling the calcrystal.. all my 'french' clients have a bottle...

I do the complete set of nails.. and then apply the calcrystal on one hand only and then tell them to compare to the other hand without the calcrystal....

As soon as they see with their own eyes what a difference it makes... that the pink is pinker and the white is whiter.. the calcrystal is sold...!! absolutely no hard selling what so ever.. :D

I don't really like the calcrystal because it goes so thick.
I only have one client that has french calgel & lately I've been using EzFlows UV30. It's fab.

I don't really like the calcrystal because it goes so thick.
I only have one client that has french calgel & lately I've been using EzFlows UV30. It's fab.

A good tip that I use is to start using a new bottle as soon as the calcrystal in the other begins to go thick, usually when there's half of the bottle left. Then when the second one begins to go thick I pour them together in one of the two bottles, put a little of Calgel's nailpolish solvent and shake. This way I can control the consistency of the Calcrystal and save myself some money! :)

hi, tracy i'v looked and looked for the small bottles, where did you get them from?

Latest posts

Back