calgel wiping off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats what i'm gonna do then ! i got myself in a right pickle over it, i watched the dvd again to see if they show a clear being used before the final cure but unless i missed something (which is quite possible!) i just saw the two coats of colour ?

The book and dvd do not show using a clear layer to finish but our trainer advised us to do it as it will prevent the wiping off of colour which seemed to be a common issue.

I must admit I did my friend a colour overlay last week and we were running out of time so I didn't do the clear to finish and a small amount of colour came off but it didn't affect the finish of the nails. This was a dark colour.

hth

mine just seemed to be cutical and sidewalls, im going to have another go at it tommorow and just do colour straight onto nail plate and a clear before the final wipe, i must add tho, calgel is a lovely smooth gel and the two colours that i have at the moment are much denser colours and a better finish then what i was using before. :lol:

The clear layer over the top always works for me too..also giving the gel a mix makes sure the consistency is correct for application and cure. :hug:

Latest posts

Back