calgel with akzentz

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
hi, i am just about to do a conversion course with calgel because i had f/e lifting issues with akzentz, i have my calgel kit and its SOOO nice, no lifting yey!!! BUT SOOO expensive!!! i had a thought (dangerous!) what about if i used the calgel clear as a bonding layer then i could you up my akzentz stock (which i have lots of) what do you all think ?

hi, i am just about to do a conversion course with calgel because i had f/e lifting issues with akzentz, i have my calgel kit and its SOOO nice, no lifting yey!!! BUT SOOO expensive!!! i had a thought (dangerous!) what about if i used the calgel clear as a bonding layer then i could you up my akzentz stock (which i have lots of) what do you all think ?

I don't think you should.
Because it is such a brand name many people have it because thats what they want.Also i dont think calgel as a company would like it you are a representitive for them so really you should be doing things the way you have been taught and with only their products .
Have you tried mixing them do you know akzentz will bond to it ok,calgel can be a bit funny even with some top coats.

i,ve got it on mine and it.s good, it was only a thought for a temporary measure to use up akzentz options colours

Hei I work with both gels.. And yes, on some customers Akzent does lift, and on some custormers does Calgel lifts. I have worked with many geltypes and its typical to hear "this produkt does not lift at all, and if it does you are doing something wrong" in the begynning it made me very unsure about my work. But today I know that its no produkts that you can have totally garanti that it does not lift! For my own nails, hard gels like akzents and even Briza does lifts after a 1 week. And I have even got extentions with Briza from one of the educator here in Norway and yes after 1 week all of them had a lifting so I wonder if she did incorrect application? But if I use Calgel, no lifting what so ever. Everybody have a diffrent nails and no artificial produkt have a 100% score with everyone.
I have tried on my selv to use Calgel as a base layer with Akzent (buff of gels) and it did not work at all. And if I compare Akzent option with Calgel as a soak off gels(soft gel), Calgel has an superior adhesion to the natural nail. So in my salong I go for Calgel as a soak off, and for customers with thin nails, overlays and which has a lifting problems, and for my customers that does not like Calgel (wich is very few) I use Akzent natural and option as a base gel.

I use Akzentz and don't have any lifting problems at all....are you all talking about Akzentz or Options...???

options, i did the calgel convertion cos i just couldnt get rid of the free edge lifting with options?

Did this happen on natural nail overlays? I always wrap the free egde. Use options base n gloss (if your still using Akzentz that is). It helps to prevent any shrinkage. Also, use cuticle oil underneath your nails. If the natural nail is too dry (winter in most cases) it will sometimes seperate from product at the free edge so keep underneath hydrated too!

hi, i never used the base n gloss because this wasnt necressary with options as the clear would do the same job ? :rolleyes:

you should use base and gloss with options.

sorry, yes it was with nno's

Options Colored Gels
Beautiful choice of shades. Options colored gels are easy to use, one step, self-leveling, durable, flexible gel with the added bonus of being able to soak off. Options colors deliver fantastic results on toenails, natural nails, and artificial nails when used a permanent nail color. Very thin and natural looking. Options Colors do not lift, chip or peel. Apply a thin coat of Base “N Gloss to the natural nail or toes (when applying over artificial nails you can miss this step) after you have taken all the shine off of the nail & tips, cleansed with nail prep and applied Sure Bond. Cure 2 minutes. Apply two coats of your choice of colour brushing on as you would nail polish. Cure each coat 2 minutes

i'll have to try it again with b n g, (i phoned karen and she wasnt needed ?)

hi, i never used the base n gloss because this wasnt necressary with options as the clear would do the same job ? :rolleyes:

Base n gloss was actually developed for the options colored gels. It really helps it to stick, especially to the free edge. Both options clear and BNG are the same price but your going to get a much better bond with the BNG and it doubles as a top gloss!

Hi is the calgel you use the one from south africa made by calbrook in a black container with white lid, they say its natural porus honey based gel??
Cos I am from south africa and i agree to buy it in UK is horrednous - I get my mum to post me stock from home at the fraction of the cost, but i think its the best gel and I fins that as opposed to acrylic based gels - calgel does not lift, and i DID get lifting with variuos acrylic based gels( i wont say which).
If you need tips or help - let me know i be glad to show you few pointers.
All the best

Latest posts

Back