calgel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi,
I wanted to ask your opinion on calgel...
I am using magnetic for the moment and have no lifting on any of my customers and they can go up to 4 weeks without any problem. They come back and the nails just grew out a lot. It,s a very hard gel aswell...no problems what so ever, besides the fact that i can,t soak it off. That really bothers me.

I was wondering if calgel has the same quality? Does it have downsides compared to other gels? My main thing is that it shouldn,t lift and it should be strong.
I just love the idea that you can soak it of......if all the rest is fabulous aswell i think i will convert to it.

If you do a search for Calgel, you will find many threads with lots of useful information.

why do you feel you need a soak off gel....? unless you are using coloured gels more...then i kinda see why...xx

why do you feel you need a soak off gel....? unless you are using coloured gels more...then i kinda see why...xx

I had some customers that wanted to have the gel removed after they had their own nails grown long. I think it would be simpeler to soak them off instead of buffing them off :rolleyes:

Do you really think its worth changing brands and doing more training in that brand when your only gripe is removing the gel...do you have to remove gel sets enough to warrant changing from a brand that seems works for you...?

I think in 3 years i have only had to file off 4 sets....and with the right techniques and files this wasn't a chore at all.

Its entirely your choice..xx

Hmmmmm... you got a point there :rolleyes: I actually had to do it only two times since i started 8 months ago.

And it,s indeed not really heavy work......now i don,t know anymore :eek:

I think soak off gels are a completely different feel to file off ones. Soak offs are alot more flexible, so it would be a completely different feel for your clients.

Hi,
I wanted to ask your opinion on calgel...
I am using magnetic for the moment and have no lifting on any of my customers and they can go up to 4 weeks without any problem. They come back and the nails just grew out a lot. It,s a very hard gel aswell...no problems what so ever, besides the fact that i can,t soak it off. That really bothers me.

I was wondering if calgel has the same quality? Does it have downsides compared to other gels? My main thing is that it shouldn,t lift and it should be strong.
I just love the idea that you can soak it of......if all the rest is fabulous aswell i think i will convert to it.
It think that any gel will have downsides if the tech is not familiar with a product and it's application including correct prepping.

Calgel is a soak off gel, therefore, more flexible than a buff off gel. In my opinion it is not rubbery as has been mentioned with some other brands of soak off gels and it holds enhancements very well.

A soak off for a full set takes about half an hour. The coloured gels in the Calgel range can be applied straight onto the nail so you can offer long lasting manicures to your clients and soak off for these is much quicker.

Conversion for this product is free with the purchase of a starter kit which includes a DVD. Customer service at Head Office is excellent.

In my opinion, I think it is a good idea to be able to offer both buff off and soak off gels in your business. If you can afford it, then I would say go for it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Latest posts

Back