California Flare And Stiletto (pics)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllTheRage

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting on this forum. I saw a thread titled "Rock Star Nails" and decided to post. I started calling these type of nails Rock Stars because I really didn't have a name to describe them. Now all the surrounding salons call them the same. I am from Central California and have been doing nails for about 20 years now but the Rock Stars for close to 3 years. The flare look is real popular here where I am from and the stilettos are just now catching on. Here are some pictures, tell me what you think.

AllTheRage

DSCN8549.jpg

DSCN8548.jpg

DSCN8547.jpg

DSCN8534.jpg

DSCN8539.jpg

DSCN8510-1.jpg

DSCN8545.jpg

DSCN8544.jpg

DSCN8543.jpg

DSCN8533.jpg

DSCN8532.jpg

DSCN8528.jpg

DSCN8525.jpg

DSCN8521.jpg

DSCN8520.jpg

yea the like that in cali

Nice nail art, color combination, use of glitter etc..
Strange how nail shapes can change that much from country to country. Here in Sweden they are so conservative that if i put a rhinestone on their nails they would fall of their chair from shock :green:
If i can just mention one thing is that your smile lines on the first few pics are rather inconsistant on some of the pictures. But it's probably a bit harder to get them right aswell when you put glitter and other nailartmaterials in the free edge.

Thx for sharing your artwork :hug: really cool

The nail designs are very very pretty but if i can just say they look unbalanced.
It looks like this lady has very little nail beds and there is too much free edge to nail bed showing.(especialy on the 1st stiletto pics)
Have you thought about custom blending to give the apperance of a longer nail bed? This would look very nice.

Thankyou for sharing :hug:

The nail designs are very very pretty but if i can just say they look unbalanced.
It looks like this lady has very little nail beds and there is too much free edge to nail bed showing.(especially on the 1st stiletto pics)
Have you thought about custom blending to give the apperance of a longer nail bed? This would look very nice.
Ditto what Pips said...

Your art and designs are very eye catching :green:

certainly not for me - but you so obviously have talent and flair
thanks for sharing x

WOW...brilliant nail art I just love all that bling/glitter in your face stuff....I wanna have rock star nails......:green:...where do you buy all those lovely glitter shapes from.....I want some!!:lol:

Fantastic artistic flare..
I have to agree that if they were balanced ..they would be nicer.. I think its just as important to get the overall balance and structure right aswell as the art and effect..
Flares.. no matter how many i see i just dont like...
That said..
I admire your eye for colour and your ability to make it work art wise!

thanks for posting.

Can i just say that your creativity and obvious love for artwork is an inspiration however i do agree that they would look fantastic with the custom blended nail beds. What products do you use? Do you engrave your lines and fill them in or do them free hand.

I love the artwork on all of them!!!!!!

:)

i really love the black square ones with the pink swirls.
what did you use for this design?
they are all ver eye catching but i do agree about the balance of the nails being wrong as there should always be more pink than white or whatever the design is.

love the art work and the colors are bright
i love the pink gold with pink swirls bright pink loving it

an interesting look, definitely not my cup of tea, nailbeds look way too short, they also look quite damaged in the stiletto pictures.

Each to their own.

Welcome to the Salon geek hun :hug:

As you were kind enough to post your pics and ask our opinions on your first both,i will respectfully give you mine :D

I appreciate your art work and fully understand that shape and preference vary from country to country,however i personally don't find them pleasing to the eye,i prefer to enhance the nail,to beautify it.

Happy geeking :wink2: x

I think the glitter and art work are fantastic, they have the WOW factor, however, like the other said, a custom blend to extend the nail bed would make them look much better...
Well done
Anna:hug:

I Really Love Your Stilettoes. I'm Afraid Being From Uk, The Flared Nail Isn't A Pretty Shape For Us, But I Do Like Your Colours. Would Love To See More X

Hiya...welcome to the site...

And thanks for sharing your pictures...

It is really interesting to see what other countries are 'into'.

I absolutely love all the colours and 'bling'.....they are nails to be noticed thats for sure!!! :lol:

The shapes I am not too keen on...probably because it is new to my 'eye' ... you have to see things for a while to get used to them and the flare shape is very different and not something I have seen anyone wear....

Thanks again....I loved seeing those pictures xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love the colours you use and the designs you do, well done for that.

I also love the stiletto shape, not many people love them in the UK, although many more are trying them.

I personally don't like the fan shape nails at all, but we all have our preferences and it is going to be different all over the world, so thanks for sharing your nails with is.

Yes girls, these are some of the newest fads, however, not where I live. My city is definitely NOT conservative, but things like a "flare" are just not the norm. Our nails don't grow out like that (in fact, they can't) so I would not advise or encourage a client to go with this look. (for sure wouldn't want her telling others who did those nails.) As far as stillettos go, I just plain don't like them. Looks like the evil queens nails. The art work is excellent! (great ideas) and about the "lower" free-edge, I love to put them higher to give a pretty and natural look.(longer nail beds are way more attractive) but, I have had many clients ASK for the white (or color) to be put lower than I like so I do it and chalk it up to they just want them to look a little more NSS. Heehee

Nice nail art, color combination, use of glitter etc..
Strange how nail shapes can change that much from country to country. Here in Sweden they are so conservative that if i put a rhinestone on their nails they would fall of their chair from shock :green:
If i can just mention one thing is that your smile lines on the first few pics are rather inconsistant on some of the pictures. But it's probably a bit harder to get them right aswell when you put glitter and other nailartmaterials in the free edge.

Thx for sharing your artwork :hug: really cool

Thanx! Yes, the smiles lines look bad only because she was my 1st client of the day and when we walked up to my shop we both realized that I had been broken into and robbed. So I spent the 1st hour of my day taliking with the police. When I finally got to her nails I was a mess and shaking really bad! So that's the reason for the ugly smile lines.

Nanny

now i may eat my words in a year or so....but i just cant allow myself to like the 'flare' look!!!

I do think your an amazingly talented 'arty' nail tech though - some gorgeously funky colours going on there hun:hug:

amb xxxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back