California Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
I have not used it but i have seen someone after they had it done, honestly it looked a mess, streaky and orange hth

I have not used it but i have seen someone after they had it done, honestly it looked a mess, streaky and orange hth

They used to use it where I a based now. Have never seen what the tan looks like but I know that the overspray they got was horrendous. Not sure which machine they used though!

Caroline, I think you need to get loads of samples and try them out for yourself, there are so many solutions out there. I've used quite a few and sampled many more, it's the best way of finding the best solution for you, your clients and your salon. Currently I'm using Celebrity Secrets, but was impressed by the Vani-T sample I used recently. Prior to that I have used Tantrick and Heavenly Bodies in the salon.

Doesn't mean to say I won't use something else though if I find a better result!

There was a very 'orange' lady in the gym last week who had obviously had a spray tan. She was chatting to her mate about how fab it was - she said it was California tan.

My first thought was - OMG - stay away from that one.

Could have been the way it was applied though. I'd get a sample off the company and try it out first.

Got to say though, very impressed with the Vani-T sample I received.

Can I try samples out without having anything to put them on with? no machine?

Thanks ladies... just weighing up all the companies... starting to bore myself even :lol:

ever try fake bake?? I bought it today after a girl in a dermalogica class I was taking had it on and it looked amazing....I bought it, exfoliated and will see what tomorrow brings...

be warned though, it's messy and you have to wear gloves..it has that stuff in it that makes you look dirty for the night and then that part washes off in the shower the next day and apparently you are left with a fabulous tan...this girl looked awesome!!

danielle

i use california tan, and absolutely LOVE it ive been using their lotion for well over a year, purchased the whole package. colour is lovely and naturally, overspray is minimal, i love it and so do my clients. when i started out i tried all different samples and companies, and california tan came out tops.

Can I try samples out without having anything to put them on with? no machine?

Thanks ladies... just weighing up all the companies... starting to bore myself even :lol:

if you get some samples you can apply a small amount to a piece of cotton wool and then dab it on an area of skin...this will give you and idea of how the colour will turn out but you won't get the best overall look ata solution without spraying it.

xx :hug: xx

ever try fake bake?? I bought it today after a girl in a dermalogica class I was taking had it on and it looked amazing....I bought it, exfoliated and will see what tomorrow brings...

be warned though, it's messy and you have to wear gloves..it has that stuff in it that makes you look dirty for the night and then that part washes off in the shower the next day and apparently you are left with a fabulous tan...this girl looked awesome!!

danielle

I also love Fake Bake manual, it is beautiful!

CA - If you try samples from different companies you're interested in, yep you'll have to manually apply them, but the colour achieved will be the same. It's just the application method that's different.

I'm sure there's old polls lurking on here regards which spray tans are best....

I'm sure there's old polls lurking on here regards which spray tans are best....

Yes.. have been through them all.. but with so many new products out and different newer hvlp machines.. what is the point of bumping old threads?

Yes.. have been through them all.. but with so many new products out and different newer hvlp machines.. what is the point of bumping old threads?

I wasn't talking about bumping, merely reading through them for research. Which you already have been doing, as you've said :green:

I wasn't talking about bumping, merely reading through them for research. Which you already have been doing, as you've said :green:

I would have had to have bumped them to glean more information - follow up with the girls who went with one company over another...

.. but I'm done now.. am more interested in my wine and lemonade and sadly, who killed Pauline Fowler.... :lol:

Here's my thing, I wouldn't stray from my TC3 hplv for salon use which I bought from Tantrick, I previouslu used air brush and compressor....don't even go there, overspray city....I think that same hplv machine is also known as Whisper Mist....It is a great machine and you can push whatever solution you desire through it, although you may have to make some minor adjustments.

IMO the equipment for spray tanning in the salon should be your first priority, then you can try out solutions to you hearts desire.

Here's my thing, I wouldn't stray from my TC3 hplv for salon use which I bought from Tantrick, I previouslu used air brush and compressor....don't even go there, overspray city....I think that same hplv machine is also known as Whisper Mist....It is a great machine and you can push whatever solution you desire through it, although you may have to make some minor adjustments.

IMO the equipment for spray tanning in the salon should be your first priority, then you can try out solutions to you hearts desire.

I got a whisper mist coming soon... brand new, under guarantee and NOT off Ebay.... so I'm really pleased right now

Latest posts

Back