Call out charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andi

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Just wanted a bit of information on mobile work. I have been renting a room for a number of years as well as doing a bit of mobile work. Sadly the premises that I rent from is closing down and I will have to leave. So I will have decided to go mobile from now on. My question is, do I charge a call out fee if the treatment is under a certain amount. And if so what do think is appropriate to charge. In the past I have only done mobile as a favour to some of my clients. Thanks.

I set a minimum treatment cost (for me it's £25) rather than a call out charge. This way the client upgrades or gets a friend to join them. I also limit my catchment area to 30mins drive and priced my treatments to cover the maximum driving time. I take each case on it's merit though and have done treatments under the minimum charge if a client is 10 mins away from me or I am passing them on the day.

I think any business needs to break down barriers that may stop a client booking and I think a call out charge seems like a reason not to book you over another therapist. Keep your prices at a level to cover the petrol and time.

Hi Ive been mobile for 15 years I never charge a call out fee.
Just like you do in a salon you will build a regular clientelle. I have mostly the same people at the same time every week
If a new client is outside a 10mile round trip radius I charge 75ppm after the 10miles.
I just think i need to be greatfull ive got work at all.
Obviously I keep most of my work in the nearest 3 villages and arrange it so that Im not here there and everywhere but do one area half the morning then move onto the next.
You will find your own way of doing things hopefully next year I'll be in my own salon!! x

I dont have a call out charge. I try to keep all clients within 10 miles. My prices reflect the fact that I travel and use petrol just like a salon does to cover rent, building costs. If I added an extra charge on top of my prices it would scare people away. Having said that I would not refuse to do a client out of the 10 mile radius, instead I would just explain to them before they booked that an extra 50p per mile will be added to the total amount of the treatment.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I realise I will have to reorganise my days and time to work more efficiently. It's a big change for me it will be strange going mobile full time having been in one place for so long. Do you still do promotions like you would in the salon and do you find that you sell much retail being mobile.

Latest posts

Back