calling all brazilian waxers - xxx rated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soriminah

Reaction score
Hi all

Don't mean to offend or emberass anyone but I have some serious brazilian questions - just wanting to know what I'm getting myself into.

I've done the first part of my waxing course which involved female brazilians and in 2 weeks I go back to learn male brazilians - this is the market I really want to target as theres not many people who provide this service in my area. I've been doing a bit of research on the internet and came across some things that I never thought of. I'm not a prudey person - I work as a massage therapist\sports trainer for a football team so I see a lot of men's bits in the dressing room so that's not really an issue but:

I've read that it's common for men to get erections (no drama there, it's bound to happen - does occassionally while massaging) but I've read it's also common for men to leak fluid. This also happens with women apparently - what do you do to save emberassement for the client as well as yourself? Also, being a health issue with bodily fluids, gloves obviously, but what else do I need to think about?

Speaking of health issues, if the client on their first visit fills in their form which asks about STI's and they leave it blank or say no, but when you go to wax them, you see something (lumps, rashes etc) what would you do? Ask them about it first or just flat out refuse to carry on?

During the course, the ladies we waxed were naked from the waist down which makes it so easy to wax. Is this the accepted practice by most waxers or do you prefer your person covered and rearranged their underwear or towel?

Being a massage therapist I get a lot of calls from pervs wanting extra services or even being asked during a massage - how common is it for waxers to get the same questions?

I'm looking at including wax shape and colour (with fudge paintbox) - does anyone do this? Do you get much call for it for special occassions - ie weddings, valentines day etc?

I've heard horror stories of people who have not washed before their wax and have bits stuck to the area to be waxed - if you get my drift. My idea to overcome this is to get all clients to wipe themselves with wipes before the wax even if they've just had a shower. Anyone else do this - or have other ideas?

How do you get around pierceings? Try to get the client to take them out if possible? I've heard horror stories of them being waxed over and ripped out.

Are there any other health, safety or general things I haven't thought about that you have experience with. Or how to make things easier for me and the client? A training class is so much different to being out there doing it on paying clients. Models behave themselves, some paying clients don't which spoils it for genuine clients.

When I first started massaging I wasn't prepared for what clients expect of you or try and get away with so I want to be a bit better prepared this time round.

Thanks

I've read that it's common for men to get erections

Well it never bloody happens to me LOL. Seriously, this isn't common and as long as there's no inappropriate behavaviour, just ignore it.

This also happens with women apparently

Never heard of that.

Also, being a health issue with bodily fluids, gloves obviously, but what else do I need to think about?
Just keep everything clean as you would normally do.

Speaking of health issues, if the client on their first visit fills in their form which asks about STI's and they leave it blank or say no, but when you go to wax them, you see something (lumps, rashes etc) what would you do?

I would politely tell them that there's something there that they need to get checked out and say that for their sake, it's best not to continue as you don't want to aggravate the area . We musn't try to diagnose.

During the course, the ladies we waxed were naked from the waist down which makes it so easy to wax. Is this the accepted practice by most waxers or do you prefer your person covered and rearranged their underwear or towel?

I prefer the area that I'm waxing to be be naked. They can still wear a top though which makes them feel better.

Being a massage therapist I get a lot of calls from pervs wanting extra services or even being asked during a massage - how common is it for waxers to get the same questions?

Very common. That's why I have a message saying that no 'Witheld number' calls will be answered.

I'm looking at including wax shape and colour (with fudge paintbox) - does anyone do this? Do you get much call for it for special occassions - ie weddings, valentines day etc?

I'm going to offer it but I don't expect much money to be made. It's just a novelty thing.

I've heard horror stories of people who have not washed before their wax and have bits stuck to the area to be waxed - if you get my drift. My idea to overcome this is to get all clients to wipe themselves with wipes before the wax even if they've just had a shower. Anyone else do this - or have other ideas?

I say on my website that they should shower if coming straight from home or there's wipes to freshen up.

How do you get around pierceings? Try to get the client to take them out if possible? I've heard horror stories of them being waxed over and ripped out.

Some clients won't take them out. Explain that you will only wax up to the piercing.

Are there any other health, safety or general things I haven't thought about that you have experience with.

Yes.............splitting your sides laughing. My male clients are so much funnier than the women. They all like a good laugh.

Or how to make things easier for me and the client? A training class is so much different to being out there doing it on paying clients. Models behave themselves, some paying clients don't which spoils it for genuine clients.

If you behave in a professional manner, they know how far they can go. Always say penis etc rather than use slang. Start as you mean to go on, especially when they phone. Life is much easier since I've had my website as when they start being too graphic, I suggest they go look at my site for answers to their questions.

When I first started massaging I wasn't prepared for what clients expect of you or try and get away with so I want to be a bit better prepared this time round.

I'm having a sign made saying PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR EXTRA'S AS SCALDING HOT WAX OFTEN OFFENDS.

Thanks

Let me know if I can help anymore. xxx

Spots,fluids,hanging bits and lumps .. i'm so glad i don't do it
Or if i did id have to be dressed like i was working with nuclear waste :)

Not much to add as Kim has already covered everything excellently, but just a few extra bits to consider...

Yes, you will encounter the occasional erection and leakage - it's not as common as some folks fear, but if you do male Brazilians you will encounter it at some point in your waxing career! Important to realise that 99% of the time it has nothing to do with sexual arousal and is merely an involuntary physiological response to the manipulation of his genitals. There are several ways you can respond, remembering that the client may well be feeling embarrassed - ignore it, work around it, move it out of the way, place a towel over it, etc etc. Work within your comfort zone. I tend to ignore it and get on with the job unless they say anything, in which case a little reassurance goes a long way. You will need to clean up leakage though (or hand the client a tissue and ask them to do it) as this will stop the wax from adhering properly. In the UK this would be classed as clinical waste, so check the waste disposal regulations with your local authority in Brisbane.

I have to say I do at least 2 or 3 male Brazilians every day and very rarely get inappropriate comments or propositions from waxing customers, and don't hear of it happening all that much to others, so my experience differs from Kim's in that respect. Maybe that's because I'm a male therapist? We have to accept that it is a potential risk, however, so look after yourself as you would with any customer. Consider stating your policy regarding inappropriate behaviour on your website and consultation form (e.g. "Inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated; the treatment will be terminated, you will be charged the full price and asked to leave. We report all such instances to the police.").

I've only once been asked about pubic hair colouring for a guy, it doesn't seem to have reached the male market (yet!).

Like Kim I have all of my Brazilian waxing clients naked from the waist down as it makes things so much easier in the long run. In terms of cleanliness, I ask clients to shower if possible before attending their appointment, but I give all customers wipes to use before we get started anyway.

Healed piercings aren't a problem - I have many customers with piercings (rings and bars in all parts of the penis, scrotum and perineum) and scrotal piercings actually help when it comes to stretching the skin!! :D You can wax right up to and around the piercing, ask your client to hold rings out of the way if necessary, but there is no need to ask them to remove it.

Kim's advice is excellent, and "start as you mean to go on" is probably the best advice I've heard when it comes to this treatment and safeguarding yourself.

Oh, and a plea on behalf of the brotherhood - please be nice to us, lol, we're big softies at heart and waxing hurts! :lol: Good waxing technicians who offer services to male clients are like gold dust, so I wish you lots of luck and best wishes in your chosen career - let us know how you get on!

Andy xx

Not much to add as Kim has already covered everything excellently, but just a few extra bits to consider...

Yes, you will encounter the occasional erection and leakage - There are several ways you can respond, ignore it, work around it, move it out of the way, place a towel over it

Or..........
a. Hang your coat on it
b. Put a fairy on top and make a wish
c. Call a plumber

Consider stating your policy regarding inappropriate behaviour on your website and consultation form (e.g. "Inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated; the treatment will be terminated, you will be charged the full price and asked to leave. We report all such instances to the police.").

Or........
I'll tell everyone about you being a pervert so that people will point and laugh as you walk down the street.

Like Kim I have all of my Brazilian waxing clients naked from the waist down as it makes things so much easier in the long run.

Please rmember to check what they're booked in for first. I asked a guy to strip naked which he did without hesitation. It was only when I asked why he looked so nervous that he replied 'I've only come to read the meter'.

Andy xx

Sorry............please forgive my sense of humour. Seriously though. I love waxing and the results give people a lot of confidence and you'll meet some lovely people. xxx

I'm pretty much the same as everyone else. I do encounter many erections and over half of my clients have leaked (male and female). I just carry on with my job as usual.

My clients are always naked from the waste down.

Remember... STD's are exactly that... Sexually Transmitted Diseases. In my 8 years, I have yet to come across someone with any visible signs of an std... most people would never come in with a rash on their genitals expecting to be waxed.

Like Andy, I leave "wipes" for the client to use before their appointment (like at your gyno's office).

I have, in my career, only had 2 guys that spoke or acted in a less than professional manner... I never booked them again. Most men are there for exactly the same reason the women are.

I've never had any problems waxing a client with piercings.

And I definetly find that humour makes the appointment much more bareable... for both technician and client.

Thanks all. I was keen to hear a few waxers experiences. I do my male brazilian waxing on saturday. I have been looking forward to it - im not put off that easily as ive come across a lot through massage.It takes a bit to freak me out these days. I had one massage client recently ask me to touch him and I said 'Im a massage therapist, not a prostitute' and left. He rang about an hour later and apologised. I even have a message on my phone saying 'this is a genuine service, not an adult service'. It's unfortunate the occassional person can spoil it for others but I'll deal with the waxing side of things the same way as massage and all should be good. Looking forward to getting in and giving it a go.

Thank you for starting this thread, after spending the day with Wendy I am thinking about starting waxing and the answers here and the humour have helped a lot.:hug:

I just throught I'd share the following link that was posted on Lori Nestore's forum, which made me giggle (don't click if the thought of crawly things in your garden makes you itch):

Dutch natural history museum unable to locate elusive crab louse for its collection - International Herald Tribune

Looks like we're doing our bit for worldwide sexual health, hahaha! :green:

I love the way they are so worried about it becoming extinct comparing it to sparrows and pandas.

How about something from a (male) customer's perspective?

So, get this. For the last 4 years I have been having my bits waxed (as a result of the recommendation and significant persuasion of my wife). The first time I had it done I was sooooooooooo uncomfortable with the whole experience, however my (female) beautician did her best to make me comfortable and I've been going back ever since. I have a full hollywood done (inc. meat and two veg) and my bum crack done as well (sorry for the slang!).

To answer a few questions:

1. It hurts a lot, but I have got used to it by ensuring I chat to my beautician throughout, she is just great
2. I've never ever had an erection during the process, in fact the pain of the waxing typically makes my fellow shrink back quite a distance rather than rush in the other direction.
3. Leakage - again never.
4. I always make sure I'm clean, very clean. I think this is a mark of respect to the beautician.
5. I'm usually naked from the waste down only.

Hope that helps!!!!

Schaf

PS My wife loves it, I'll never go back to being hairy.

WAY TO GO SCHAF !!!

How about something from a (male) customer's perspective?

So, get this. For the last 4 years I have been having my bits waxed (as a result of the recommendation and significant persuasion of my wife). The first time I had it done I was sooooooooooo uncomfortable with the whole experience, however my (female) beautician did her best to make me comfortable and I've been going back ever since. I have a full hollywood done (inc. meat and two veg) and my bum crack done as well (sorry for the slang!).

To answer a few questions:

1. It hurts a lot, but I have got used to it by ensuring I chat to my beautician throughout, she is just great
2. I've never ever had an erection during the process, in fact the pain of the waxing typically makes my fellow shrink back quite a distance rather than rush in the other direction.
3. Leakage - again never.
4. I always make sure I'm clean, very clean. I think this is a mark of respect to the beautician.
5. I'm usually naked from the waste down only.

Hope that helps!!!!

Schaf

PS My wife loves it, I'll never go back to being hairy.
Welcome to the site Schaf and thank you for giving us the clients view of the treatment,
it is very rare we get an honest opinion from the client when it is an intimate treatment

Thanks, I know it's a delicate area for both client and beautician so wanted to offer a view from the other side of the treatment table....

I think you guys do a great job - keep up the good work!

I just throught I'd share the following link that was posted on Lori Nestore's forum, which made me giggle (don't click if the thought of crawly things in your garden makes you itch):

Dutch natural history museum unable to locate elusive crab louse for its collection - International Herald Tribune

Looks like we're doing our bit for worldwide sexual health, hahaha! :green:

This is why I am sooooo proud to be dutch:o, leave it up to us to do something like this.:lol:

Oh and by the way brow queen, I was bursting my b*ll*x laughing at your comments:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Astrid, I'm pleased to report I've never had crabs! :)

Looks like this therapist got a bit carried away.... hehe

Oops, picture won't attach.

Latest posts

Back