Calling all Calgel Geeks HELP!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystal1

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I have been using Calgel for around 4 months now and I love it! I’ve had no problems with it, it adheres well even with sculpting or on badly broken or bitten nails. That is until a new client started with me 3 weeks ago. Her first set (French tips) where ok but she had lost 3 in just fewer than 2 weeks. They had yellowed badly (I did not know about the purple then and she doesn’t like the pink) so I put a new set on.
:confused:She came back last night with no nails on claming they had started lifting and just dropping off a few days after I had put the new set on and that her nails underneath had suffered badly. :confused:

Any idea why this should happen or tips to help would be gratefully received.:idea:

Thnks Crystal

not sure hun but its funny how no-one else has had any problems ... could she be a picker ???

Did you check to see if she is on any medication, have you gone over your prep. As for yellowing is she a smoker, is she following aftercare advice.

Could be, she is a picker and nothing to do with the above.:hug:

Hi ladies, I have been using Calgel for around 4 months now and I love it! I’ve had no problems with it, it adheres well even with sculpting or on badly broken or bitten nails.

That is until a new client started with me 3 weeks ago. Her first set (French tips) where ok but she had lost 3 in just fewer than 2 weeks. They had yellowed badly (I did not know about the purple then and she doesn’t like the pink) so I put a new set on.
:confused:She came back last night with no nails on claming they had started lifting and just dropping off a few days after I had put the new set on and that her nails underneath had suffered badly. :confused:

Any idea why this should happen or tips to help would be gratefully received.:idea:

Thnks Crystal

What were her nails like in the first place? condition/length etc...what was the skin like around her nails?? bitten ? nibbled? broken? this could indicate a picker!

Calgel DOES NOT LIFT .......unless you have touched the side walls or cuticle..which if you havent had a problem with anyone else it's not going to be this.....or in some RARE cases (i've only had ONE client!) the gel is just not compatible with them.

However it WILL lift if.......:irked:if you PICK IT! (or if you lamp/bulbs are duff and it isnt cured properly)

Did you say you used white tips? did you remove the shine from them?

Was there any trauma to the nail plate? (evidence of picking?)

AMb x

Hmmm the warning sign to me is the phrase 'nails underneath had suffered badly' - I have to agree - this gel is not lift prone unless helped.

When removed correctly the nails underneath are just as they were when you started but longer !! So were they bad before you started ? If not Im thinking this lady has been picking and prising.

Have you used tips with the calgel before and been ok ? Dont let her see that you are unsure because she will carry on picking and blaming you perhaps if this is the case.

Hi
I use both Calgel and Biosculpture (there is a good story behind this!!! i WILL TELL IF YOU ASK!)

However, once a client leaves the salon (or, if you are mobile, once you leave their house) the nails are his/her responsibility. How can you be responsible for what a client does once they leave your capable hands?

What you should have is a little disclaimer NOTICE/INFO telling clients that once you have left their house/or they leave the salon, the nails are their responsibility and that any breaks, problems, etc etc are down the them. Tell them what you will charge them for repairs/replacements between infill/maintenance appointments. For example, tell them that you will only include 3 repairs/or breakages in an infill/maintenance appointment free of charge. Outside of this, 3+ repairs/replacements should be charged per nail. And, in between appts, charge them slightly higher to repair/replace, say £5 per nail and £3.50 if during a maintenance appt (if more than 3 repairs during maintenance etc).

DON'T SELL YOURSELF SHORT OR YOUR TALENTS AS A NAIL TECHNICIAN. 99% of all nail problems after an appointement relate to how your clients use their hands/nails or what they do with them!

YOU CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR NAILS ONCE THEY LEAVE YOU!!!

SO, PLEASE DO NOT "GUARANTEE" NAILS - IT IS YOUR CLIENT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO CARE FOR THEM!

DON'T LEARN THE HARD WAY AND LET THEM TELL YOU YOUR JOB! YOU HAVE DONE THE TRAINING - If yo have had good training and you practice, YOU ARE THE EXPERT, not them!!!

LOTSA LOVE

Latest posts

Back