Calling all Calgel users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicksta

Reaction score
Do you use the calgel tips under their gel or do you use other ones, im sure i have seen ones with tips a little whiter then the calgel ones

I use Velocity.

a word of warning tho , you can use any tips BUT you must use Calgel adhesive or they will pop off within a day:hug:

Thanks hun. Do you find the 'tip' bit on them a little whiter than on the calgel ones?

I tend to use natural and paint the white gel on.

Sorry I couldn't say what differnece there is

I use ultraform nail tips by star nails with calgel. I used these before i started with calgel and like them so didn't want to change and have never had any problems.

As Martigirl says the calgel resin is an absolute must but you can use any tips you want. I prefer the colour of the ultraform, although they are 'natural' not white.

I use Velocity.

a word of warning tho , you can use any tips BUT you must use Calgel adhesive or they will pop off within a day:hug:

Can I ask why this is ?

Surely the resin is under the tip and therefore not in contact with the gel ?

I am using different adhesive and tips and haven't had any problems yet.

Can I ask why this is ?

Surely the resin is under the tip and therefore not in contact with the gel ?

I am using different adhesive and tips and haven't had any problems yet.

I am wondering the same. I have used Calgel with tips and have never purchased the Calgel resin. I used Star Nails glue and didn't have problems..... Since the resin isn't in contact with the gel, how does it matter? Just wondering.:hug:

Hmm could this be that if you were to follow calgels way of applying tips (i.e a coat of clear calgel on nat nail first, then buff and apply tip over the gel ) that you do then apply the resin onto the gel.

In turn is it then because the calgel resin 'likes' the calgel whereas another brand resin may not ? Just a thought.

Your right MB.

If you are applying the tip the way shown on Calgel training you are applying the tip to a layer of clear gel on the nail, therefore the resin IS touching gel.

I use Calgel tips and Calgel resin and have no probs with either - apart from sometimes not being able to get the lid of my resin - but thats down to me being a bit of a mucky pup!!!!

Hmm could this be that if you were to follow calgels way of applying tips (i.e a coat of clear calgel on nat nail first, then buff and apply tip over the gel ) that you do then apply the resin onto the gel.

In turn is it then because the calgel resin 'likes' the calgel whereas another brand resin may not ? Just a thought.

Ah yes of course you are right. I had forgotten that was the way they trained peeps to apply tips. Personally I use a well less tip as imo the strength is in the product not the tip.

Your right MB.

If you are applying the tip the way shown on Calgel training you are applying the tip to a layer of clear gel on the nail, therefore the resin IS touching gel.

I use Calgel tips and Calgel resin and have no probs with either - apart from sometimes not being able to get the lid of my resin - but thats down to me being a bit of a mucky pup!!!!

Ahh.... that makes senses. I was not trained to put a layer of clear down first.

I did try it myself because I liked the idea of having a protective layer, but it wouldn't stick - didn't realize it was down to the brand of resin.:idea:

Hi All,

At Calgel we do advise that as long as you are using the Calgel Resin you can use what ever tips you prefer to use.

This is because the Calgel resin is compatible with Calgel, If you were to use another brand of glue it may well cause the tip to pop off as it will not be compatible with Calgel.

Karen - Calgel Training Manager

Latest posts

Back