Calling all hair extensionists, I'm about to train in this please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly123

Reaction score
Hi

I'm about to add a string to my bow and do a hair extension course. I'm a hairdresser with 25 years experience so this is something I think I'll love.

My choice of course near me and the soonest starting date is with either Belle or Oakley. What's your opinions on this?

Also belle offers 3 methods; micro rings, fusion and easy shrinks.

And Oakley offer up to 7 methods over 2 days; Fusion bonding, Micro ring, Nano ring, Sew in weave, Celebrity weave, Micro ring weft and Tape weft.

Or a 1 day course offering one of the following choices;

Hair 1: Fusion bonding, Micro ring and Nano ring

Hair 2: Sew in weave, Micro ring weft and tape weft

Hair 3: Celebrity weave, Nano ring and tape weft

In all your opinions what is thee most popular method that you do?

Also ANY advice would be VERY much appreciated!

Last edited:
Hii,

I trained with Oakley doing fusion, micro ring & shrink links.. The was a group of about 6-7 with a hairdressing back ground some not.

I personally thought the ones with hairdressing background got pushed aside and the "non professionals" got a lot of assistance.

I wasn't overly bothered as I was confident in blending etc, however the was a couple of younger girls freshly out of college who needed help but got overlooked which I thought was unfair.

Other than that they give a really good demonstration - very in depth, a full kit was received however I'd recommend taking your own cutting equipment along, they give you a list of reputable suppliers with discount codes & insurance companies etc.

I've had no experience with belle though so I can't comment on that.

My most popular method is micro ring and micro ring wefts. I think most customers are terrified of the idea of any type of 'glue' in their hair.

Best of luck on your training [emoji8][emoji8]

If I it was me I'd go with the 7 day Oakley one :)

Hi

I'm about to add a string to my bow and do a hair extension course. I'm a hairdresser with 25 years experience so this is something I think I'll love.

My choice of course near me and the soonest starting date is with either Belle or Oakley. What's your opinions on this?

Also belle offers 3 methods; micro rings, fusion and easy shrinks.

And Oakley offer up to 7 methods over 2 days; Fusion bonding, Micro ring, Nano ring, Sew in weave, Celebrity weave, Micro ring weft and Tape weft.

Or a 1 day course offering one of the following choices;

Hair 1: Fusion bonding, Micro ring and Nano ring

Hair 2: Sew in weave, Micro ring weft and tape weft

Hair 3: Celebrity weave, Nano ring and tape weft

In all your opinions what is thee most popular method that you do?

Also ANY advice would be VERY much appreciated!

Hello! We offer 7 method training over 2 days or up to 4 methods in 1 day, where are you based? x

Latest posts

Back