Calling all intimate female waxers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do many but I’m still in my first 9 months of business so could be busier. I’m trying out loads of hot waxes just now. I’ve found little difference in use between most except to say I don’t work well with cream waxes and still find hot wax cools down too much in the pot which ever one I use. I did Kim’s training in intimate. I’ve no other ‘intimate’ training to compare it too but it was good enough to get me started. Little to no theory though.

Hi, I’m new to waxing and using sienna warm and hot waxes. I’m really struggling! The hot wax cools to fast and the warm wax is really runny at the recommended temp but if it’s cooler I can’t spread it nice and thin. I’m getting wax all over the place! Any advice would be very much appreciated! Which brands do you use? Thank you x

Hi all,
Could I ask how you position your couch in your rooms? Mine is against a wall which means I have to stay on the same side of the client the whole time. I’m finding it tricky to wax the leg, bikini etc which is furthest away from me. Any tips please as I don’t think I can move the couch due to size of the room and having nail table etc in there also. It’s stressing me out!

Hi all,
Could I ask how you position your couch in your rooms? Mine is against a wall which means I have to stay on the same side of the client the whole time. I’m finding it tricky to wax the leg, bikini etc which is furthest away from me. Any tips please as I don’t think I can move the couch due to size of the room and having nail table etc in there also. It’s stressing me out!

Hi,
I worked in a salon once where the bed had to be against a wall. No room at the head or foot of the bed either, such a small cubicle.
I coped by doing as much of the waxing as possible from the one side (get your pot close to the bed) and then I'd ask the client to swivel round putting the pillow at the foot of the bed.
It wasn't often I had to turn them, just for the second underarm wax mainly.
Do you have the option to lower the couch a bit so you could reach over further? - not good for your back though.

Hi, I’m new to waxing and using sienna warm and hot waxes. I’m really struggling! The hot wax cools to fast and the warm wax is really runny at the recommended temp but if it’s cooler I can’t spread it nice and thin. I’m getting wax all over the place! Any advice would be very much appreciated! Which brands do you use? Thank you x

I now use roller wax for body hair and sometimes tubes wax on inner thighs if they are ‘loose/wobbly’ as the tubes have no drag, where as a roller does. I’m going to try talc or oil on the thighs first, prior to roller waxing as recommended by someone on here. Roller waxing definitely will avoid mess and help with speed.
Hot wax I’m finding does cool down quickly and get a skin which is a pain and requires constant stirring when the lid is off and that seems to be necessary with all brands. I usually have mine anywhere between 57-60 and sometimes twirl it on the stick if it’s too hot. I prefer it to be hotter than cooler as cool wax will be ineffective.

I now use roller wax for body hair and sometimes tubes wax on inner thighs if they are ‘loose/wobbly’ as the tubes have no drag, where as a roller does. I’m going to try talc or oil on the thighs first, prior to roller waxing as recommended by someone on here. Roller waxing definitely will avoid mess and help with speed.
Hot wax I’m finding does cool down quickly and get a skin which is a pain and requires constant stirring when the lid is off and that seems to be necessary with all brands. I usually have mine anywhere between 57-60 and sometimes twirl it on the stick if it’s too hot. I prefer it to be hotter than cooler as cool wax will be ineffective.

Thank you. I’m reluctant to pay out for a whole new wax system ( as I’ve only just started out and recently bought a hive wax heater and sienna waxes) so hoping to find a brand that suits me. I’d like to use a more ethical brand if possible so might give outback organics a try. Do you have any advice on building client numbers as I’m struggling getting people in. Struggling all round really

Hi,
I worked in a salon once where the bed had to be against a wall. No room at the head or foot of the bed either, such a small cubicle.
I coped by doing as much of the waxing as possible from the one side (get your pot close to the bed) and then I'd ask the client to swivel round putting the pillow at the foot of the bed.
It wasn't often I had to turn them, just for the second underarm wax mainly.
Do you have the option to lower the couch a bit so you could reach over further? - not good for your back though.

Thank you. Yes I could lower the bed a little but it’s not electronic so would have to stay at a set height. I’ve managed to rearrange my room so I can get to the other side so will see how it goes. I’m worried the wax will have cooled too much on the spatula by the time I’ve walked round to the other side of the couch. Do you have any preferred brands? Xx

Thank you. Yes I could lower the bed a little but it’s not electronic so would have to stay at a set height. I’ve managed to rearrange my room so I can get to the other side so will see how it goes. I’m worried the wax will have cooled too much on the spatula by the time I’ve walked round to the other side of the couch. Do you have any preferred brands? Xx

I use clean + easy roller system so the wax does stay warmer for longer compared to on a spatula.

Had a power cut recently mid waxing appointment! Completed a half leg, underarm & brow wax at top speed before the wax went to cold! Super speedy!! Admittedly had to finish tweezing the brows with client holding the torch! [emoji4]
At least we had a good laugh and she left me a 5 quid tip [emoji4][emoji106]

I use clean + easy roller system so the wax does stay warmer for longer compared to on a spatula.

Had a power cut recently mid waxing appointment! Completed a half leg, underarm & brow wax at top speed before the wax went to cold! Super speedy!! Admittedly had to finish tweezing the brows with client holding the torch! [emoji4]
At least we had a good laugh and she left me a 5 quid tip [emoji4][emoji106]

Ah bless her! Lol. It sounds like the roll on wax is popular. I’ve only just bought my hive heater and sienna wax’s though so i’m reluctant to pay out for a whole new system. Was hoping to find a wax brand I can get on with. Might try the outback organics. Thanks for replying. Xx

Thank you. I’m reluctant to pay out for a whole new wax system ( as I’ve only just started out and recently bought a hive wax heater and sienna waxes) so hoping to find a brand that suits me. I’d like to use a more ethical brand if possible so might give outback organics a try. Do you have any advice on building client numbers as I’m struggling getting people in. Struggling all round really

I have a hive double heater with the 1000cc and 500cc. I also have the Australian Bodycare heater with tubed wax and I also have a double roller heater and a single roller heater. They each have their good and bad points. For example I will use roller wax for full leg wax but will swap over to my tubes wax for saggy inner thighs for less drag. I use pot and spatula fir over knee cap and eyebrows and sometimes facial waxing in general and occasionally use the small applicator on my tubes wax to keep wax thin. I also use hot wax fir bikini and underarm areas.

Last edited:
I have a hive double heater with the 1000cc and 500cc. I also have the Australian Bodycare heater with tubed wax and I also have a double roller heater and a single roller heater. They each have their good and bad points. For example I will use roller wax for full leg wax but will swap over to my tubes wax for saggy inner thighs for less drag. I use pot and spatula fir over knee cap and eyebrows and sometimes facial waxing in general and occasionally use the small applicator on my tubes wax to keep wax thin.

I think I picked the best time of year to set up (Feb which was quiet as my first month, then busier month on month). I’ve been fortunate to have had a good income out of it despite appearing not to be busy as I space my clients out quite a bit. I post on Facebook as much as I can but that gets more difficult j find as I can’t really do before and after shots of muffs. I also have an advert in our local village magazine and the basic google search. I hand delivered leaflets to most houses in my village too and I occasionally post on Instagram but as it’s all about photos I don’t have much to put on there that I haven’t already. I need to focus more on that. I’m quiet right now and I expected to be but hopefully as things pick up and word gets round, I’ll be busy all year round. That’s the plan anyway.

Latest posts

Back