Calling all intimate female waxers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin love

Reaction score
So Iv saved the money to do a intimate waxing course with outbacks organic and also a refresher in hot wax as I haven’t used it since collage days!
I’m just having a wobble as it’s a lot of money to me and I saw a comment from a therapist saying it wasn’t a busy treatment!
What are your thoughts? Is it not so popular now??

Also I want to do outbacks as i like the sound of the wax etc as they sound more environmentally friendly but I do know Kim lawless courses sound good!

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

I’m not a wax therapist, but I do know that many using this website cannot recommend Kim Lawless highly enough for intimate wax training.

When I worked in a salon 50% of my work was some form of intimate waxing, clients tend to keep coming to you once you see them once. I only don’t do it now cause I don’t have a suitable space to do it

When I worked in a salon 50% of my work was some form of intimate waxing, clients tend to keep coming to you once you see them once. I only don’t do it now cause I don’t have a suitable space to do it

Thank you ! It’s a lot to spend and then not be a busy treatment!

It’s busy for me, I’m glad I trained in it. Xx

I do many but I’m still in my first 9 months of business so could be busier. I’m trying out loads of hot waxes just now. I’ve found little difference in use between most except to say I don’t work well with cream waxes and still find hot wax cools down too much in the pot which ever one I use. I did Kim’s training in intimate. I’ve no other ‘intimate’ training to compare it too but it was good enough to get me started. Little to no theory though.

I do many but I’m still in my first 9 months of business so could be busier. I’m trying out loads of hot waxes just now. I’ve found little difference in use between most except to say I don’t work well with cream waxes and still find hot wax cools down too much in the pot which ever one I use. I did Kim’s training in intimate. I’ve no other ‘intimate’ training to compare it too but it was good enough to get me started. Little to no theory though.
How are you getting on with choosing wax brands? I'm introducing waxing soon (doing Kim's female intimate course in October) and can't decide which brand to use. Thinking I'll probably use Kim's own wax but I'm intrigued by Salon Systems Just Wax Expert since Andy Rouillard, another respected trainer, developed it. He uses it in this video... WARNING, it's very NSFW as it shows men's Brazilian waxing in detail. Very educational though.

Hi. I’ve tried that wax and so far I’ve found it better than all the rest fir flexibility. I’m not sure it’s as effective on really strong hairs as Kim’s. I quite like outback organics too but so far only tried and still trying their gold. I’ve got the jade and onyx to try too. So in short I’m finding that none of them are much different from each other but wax Expert is somehow more flexible and one client found it more gentle under arms. I may opt to go with organics since they have the pre and post wax, intimate wipe and ingrown hair stuff to go with and might use wax Expert now and again too since it’s sold locally to me.

Kim's training is great. She gives you the confidence to be confident. I love her wax as well. It smells fantastic and doesn't snap.

I do also use the Just Wax expert alongside/in addition to when the hair is particularly short on the face and under arms as it's fantastic for picking up short and course hair.

I don’t do intimate waxing just the other “normal”stuff, but have been asked for it countless times, I’m sure you’ll be very busy

Ive trained with 3 intimate wax brands and I continue to try new waxes. I'm still improving and tweaking my service and looking for the "perfect" wax. I have several on the go every day as clients have different skin needs. There's a balance between ease of use and cost - when you're usually fully booked, being able to speed up and squeeze in an extra wax is worth paying a bit extra product cost. I do 3- 5 intimate waxes every day. It's good money.

Intimate waxing is a very important part of my business. It's year round demand and the service that still books in January - so all your intimate waxing clients are potentially monthly repeat clients not Christmas and holiday clients.

It's a chatty service and you build a really good connection with your client. It's much easier to book them for other treatments after they come to you for waxing.

I was really really quiet today. All that was booked was Hollywoods.

hi, my salon Is in Cardiff and I have been doing intimate waxing for 5 years - it is still one of my most popular treatments and it is an intimate time with your client to get to know them more and once they've had something so intimate with you they usually will book in for something else afterwards. I tend to do a lot with a facial afterwards now - it is definitely worth doing!!

good luck

Thank you everyone! I’m booked on outbacks organic course next month!

Ive trained with 3 intimate wax brands and I continue to try new waxes. I'm still improving and tweaking my service and looking for the "perfect" wax. I have several on the go every day as clients have different skin needs. There's a balance between ease of use and cost - when you're usually fully booked, being able to speed up and squeeze in an extra wax is worth paying a bit extra product cost. I do 3- 5 intimate waxes every day. It's good money.

Intimate waxing is a very important part of my business. It's year round demand and the service that still books in January - so all your intimate waxing clients are potentially monthly repeat clients not Christmas and holiday clients.

It's a chatty service and you build a really good connection with your client. It's much easier to book them for other treatments after they come to you for waxing.

Which wax are you favouring ?

Which wax do you favour?

Outbacks is my favourite all the way. I do like Waxu but I haven't got my timings down to the advertised 15 min wax. The waxu wax is twice the cost per wax of Outback Organics and it doesn't have such a good ethical and sustainable story.

I love the opal wax, but I especially love jade for long, thick, stubborn hair. I have both in my pots.

I only do intimate and trained with Kim 6 years ago. I’m always busy and after trying all the top brands I’ve been using both Kim’s waxes since they came out and think they’re the best.

Latest posts

Back