Calling all MUA's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

ngawler10

Reaction score
After finally putting my nerves to one side i have had 2 sucessful bridal trials with more bookings for trials even some for 2013 :)

Here is an example of my work :) Any constructive critisism would be appreciated.

Attachments

wonderwoman

Reaction score
I love the look, think its great. What was the client going for?

Constructive wise: im not keen on the eyebrow shade, could be much more natural. (maybe tint beforehand)
Smokey eye-depends on client really, i would have blended more.
Lipgloss, i would have used a lipstick more nude for the look, but still goes really well. Blusher wise bit more contouring so more sculpted effect. (irridescent powder is good)
Also lashes wise i would have added strip or individuals for that wow effect, as the mascaras looking faded. (mac opulash is one of my faves)

To be fair i think you've done a nice job, but these are really small things that if you step back and look, you'll know. Good luck xoxo

ngawler10

Reaction score
The desired look was smokey but not too full on.

Believe it or not the lady had express lashes (which wernt the best) which is why i didnt apply strips/ individual lashes. I usually ask my clients for they're prefered lip colour and in this instance she choose from my selection of colours (after i narrowed it down to about 3 colours)

I agree actually now i look back im not overally keen on the brows either!!

Thanks very much for your input some good points i can look at and focus on tweeking!

TracyS

Reaction score
Hi, agree with wonderwoman on most of her points, particularly blending the shadows and brows.

I like the shade of lipstick, looks quite glossy - remember to ask if there is a veil coming over the face - plays havoc with lippy and gloss on a windy day!!! :wink2:

Andrea85

Reaction score
Lovely lip colour, looks nice with the eye shades too. I would suggest that you blend the top line of the eyeshadow, unless you were intentionally going for harsh lines?

ngawler10

Reaction score
remember to ask if there is a veil coming over the face - plays havoc with lippy and gloss on a windy day!!! :wink2:
This wasnt a bridal trial it was special occassion make up.....

But i completely 4got about a veil!!! great point will bear that in mind for the future :)

And blending is 1 thing i need to tweek as i always worry about getting a little blend happy and overdoing it & ruining what iv already done. A friend of mine (whos a MUA in Mac) advised me to buy Mac eyeshadow Brule and a light blending brush&to use a little over the whole lid after blending to create a softer look... looking forward to trying it.

Latest posts