Calling all Nail Professionals, companies, teachers! Advice needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jemmahoney

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a lecturer in Beauty Therapy and a nail and beauty professional. This year VTCT are changing the NVQ standards. From September there will be a new nail course called NVQ Level 3 Nail Services which will include Acrylic, Gel, Advanced Nail Art, Airbrushing, Creating a portfolio of images.
I will be teaching this course from September. I am looking for any suggestions from nail techs, companies any one really! On how I can develop the learning of my students to e out of the box! Away from power point presentations and talking!

Does anyone have any ideas on trips, demos, talks, salons that would be suitable as learning, or just enrichment, interesting for them to see, experience or try? We are based in Welwyn Garden City but I can arrange travel for them, being a Further Education college, we would need to be working on a lot free stuff!

Please elp, I want to send my learners out to the nail world not only great techs (which they will be) but with a wide perspective and have had a great experience!

Many Thanks

I would be contacting manufacturers about their sponsored artists that might be local to you for guest lectures.

I'm hoping to do an nvq3 nail services (it's with vtct too) in september at college and at my interview was told that they're going to be getting people in from NSI to guest lecture

These units aren't new. They were there all the time. They are covered in my texbook published 5 years ago. The 3rd edition is due out at the end of the year which has updates to the existing units and 2 new chapters for the new units that are e-files and business issues.

The NVQ structure has changed a bit and it is now Nail Services. That's all!

Calgel are in Luton which is not too far maybe someone could come out to you or you go to head office there to have a demo of soak offs i think they have free try before you buy days and their premises are quite big, easy to get to, plenty of parking ect.You probably know that they train Bio in Radlet they may do the same.
The Harmony distributors for Gelish,which is a new permanent polish/gel are in Enfield and may be able to come and demo.
I guess maybe lots of people may be interested as they will be showing future techs their products.
What products will the students be working with at college?.

Hey

We delivered the Level 3 Nail services for the first time this year, and it went really well. If you would like any help or even exchange ideas just let me know. :)

Leah

Latest posts

Back