Calling All OPI Techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseDavidNailDesign

Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread about OPI Acrylic products, I am having some fabulous results this new year with my Clarite and I'm so glad I stuck at it because I love an odorless system. I haven't even had any of the infamous yellowing. I think the only disadvantage (uncured surface layer) has been solved by the curing resin.
Here's what I want to discuss with any techs out there using clarite or those who have experience with it-
-Do you think with the curing resin, we can now use the absolute FX color powders with clarite liquid? Clarite lacks any opaque colors, so covering up problem nail plates (like too short, or non-existent) is a problem. Or maybe one could mix some of the spa white with the sheer pink to make an opaque nail plate color! Also some color options would be fun.
-Have any of you found a way to avoid wiping out the brush troughout the application (as detailed on the instructional DVD) I'm running through monomer so quickly, but the only way I've been able to control the product and avoid yellowing is to use this method.
Looking foreward to some insights from OPI geeks out there who have been at it longer than me (someones gotta be using this stuff:) )

Not sure about the fx with clarite.I haven't used clarite for many years I'm using absolute at the moment can't hurt to try. You may be able to add a little white to create an opaque pink try a 1 to 5 parts and see how it goes.I'd be interested to hear the results.

Sorry.. i havent any advice for you regarding OPI products as I am Creative trained...

But i just wanted to bump this back up cos it would be interesting for us all to know and understand about all other leading brands...

I also believe that we here on this geeky website welcomes educators of all brands and systems.. so i hope that any OPI educators or OPI geeks out there will be able to answer your questions and teach us a few things also..

Not sure about the fx with clarite.I haven't used clarite for many years I'm using absolute at the moment can't hurt to try. You may be able to add a little white to create an opaque pink try a 1 to 5 parts and see how it goes.I'd be interested to hear the results.

Thanks for the idea, tried it today. it was still a little bright, pretty, but too bright (is nice for art). so I ended up mixing 1/2 natural and pink, this looked good for a nail bed, and coverd up the tip I used to create a nail bed ( i tried it on my trainer) Hopefully OPI will develop clarite a little more, add some colors, glitter because clients (and finicky salon owners:lol: ) like no odor. I think odorless is better for mobile techs. I find clients percieve it as safer. Of course WE know this isn't true but the client perception is very important with so much bad press about "fake nails" (in the US anyway)

Hi - I'm training with OPI at the mo, in fact got my exam in 2 days!

I'm learning with Absolute but have asked lots of question about Clarite and although my educator doesn't teach in Clarite she says u can't mix and of the Clarite products with the Absolute products as they have different chemicals in them.

If you're not sure u could always ring Lena White - they're really helpful about things like that.

Hope this helps! x

this is what I was initially told as well. But when I learned Clarite we were still rolling off the uncured surface layer with Clarite file. I thought maybe with the new curing resin we could use other OPI powders. Its a shame OPI doesn't make their liquids and powders interchangable, like EzFlow.
Good luck on your exam by the way!

Latest posts

Back