Calling hairdressing trainers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me, I’m looking to do a mature students hairdressing course, if I tell you my story, you might be able to point me in the right direction.

When I left school I went into hairdressing as a yts student, (yes I know a very long time). I completed two years of my apprenticeship but then I decided it wasn’t for me so I gave it all in, I had done all my cutting, colouring and perming etc but had never done the last 6 months of my course, so I never actually got my qualifications. I was working permanently in a hairdressers and was on week release for the first year and then on day release for the 2nd year and part of my 3rd. Unfortunately my boss (I wont go into details) but there was a clash…..

Anyway, I've completed my holistics level 3 qualification and also my beauty therapist qualification, level 3. I started my business shortly after finishing college which I had great success, but I found I had a lot of enquiries regarding hairdressing too. I now feel it is time to rekindle my love for hair and would like to know which would be my best path.

I hope I haven’t bored you, but would appreciate it if you could steer me into the right direction.

Many thanks in advance

Sarah

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me, I’m looking to do a mature students hairdressing course, if I tell you my story, you might be able to point me in the right direction.

When I left school I went into hairdressing as a yts student, (yes I know a very long time). I completed two years of my apprenticeship but then I decided it wasn’t for me so I gave it all in, I had done all my cutting, colouring and perming etc but had never done the last 6 months of my course, so I never actually got my qualifications. I was working permanently in a hairdressers and was on week release for the first year and then on day release for the 2nd year and part of my 3rd. Unfortunately my boss (I wont go into details) but there was a clash…..

Anyway, I've completed my holistics level 3 qualification and also my beauty therapist qualification, level 3. I started my business shortly after finishing college which I had great success, but I found I had a lot of enquiries regarding hairdressing too. I now feel it is time to rekindle my love for hair and would like to know which would be my best path.

I hope I haven’t bored you, but would appreciate it if you could steer me into the right direction.

Many thanks in advance

Sarah

I would find out from your nearest college or the college that you may like to attend ,
I think lots of mature students are placed in with other students of all ages at most colleges .

There is usually always some mature students there in the college classes ,
so don't worry :hug: x good luck

HI

As its been a few years since you trained and you didnt actually complete your training nor have you kept up and have experience you will have to resit your level 2 over again. Though i would suggest signing on for level 2 and 3. It is possible to be fast tracked through depending on your skills.

hth

Latest posts

Back