Calling Make up geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonilee

Reaction score
I have just done my training in make up, I still have a lonnnnnng way to go and a portfolio to build etc however I was wondering if anyone could recommend a make up range to me there seems so many and its hard to know who is good and who isnt without recommendations.
Thanks in advance geeks....
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hi
Congrats on finishing your course.:hug:

I know that some geeks don't like to use just one brand, they pick the best of a variety of brands.

However, I like to stick to one brand for things so i've been looking at MAC.

I don't have a lot of experience of their make up and am just starting to buy pieces for my own use and so far I like what I see! They also offer a PROMAC membership which for an annual fee gets you product discounts.

An alternative is mineral make up, either Jane Iredale, Lily Lolo, ID or others.
Again lots of geeks use them so I'm sure someone else can give you info.

In some ways it's exciting researching and choosing products, on the other hand I do seem to have a permanent headache lately!!:rolleyes:

hth :hug:

Hi there
I would absolutely recommend the Jill Iredale range. It is a mineralbased make-up and fantastic on all skin types.
Kim

I use Jane Iredale and love it:)

Me too
it's really nice to work with and it lasts

MAC is my fave and you get 35% off as a pro. You could also try Charles Fox theatrical make up. They're in London and have been around for many years and sell the most amazing brushes etc.

My choice is Krush 100% Mineral make-up by Vani-t,

With any mineral makeup range an understanding of it's application technique is necessary, 'tis a bit different.

Lots to choose from :)

XX J XX

Thanks for your help everyone, the stuff we trained with in class was make up international has anyone used this??

I use the best products from different ranges, my kit contains mostly Benefit, Chanel, Stila, MAC, Pout and NARS.

Sticking to one brand wouldn't work for me and I don't know one professional makeup artist who it would work for.

IMO, and many other makeup artists' opinions, both here and in the US, the quality of some of MAC's products have declined since the takeover by Estee Lauder.

Have a good read of this thread - http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/54896-mac-makeup.html

Kevin James Bennett, a NYC MUA with bloody loads of Emmys!, has created a web site which gives info/reviews/advice on serious professional products. There are no MAC products on this site btw....

Makeup Artist Education and Workshops - Makeup School - Professional Makeup and Cosmetic Product Reviews - Kevin James Bennett - Emmy Award Winning New York City Makeup Artist - Film, Video, Photography

I use the best products from different ranges, my kit contains mostly Benefit, Chanel, Stila, MAC, Pout and NARS.

Sticking to one brand wouldn't work for me and I don't know one professional makeup artist who it would work for.

IMO, and many other makeup artists' opinions, both here and in the US, the quality of some of MAC's products have declined since the takeover by Estee Lauder.

Have a good read of this thread - http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/54896-mac-makeup.html

Kevin James Bennett, a NYC MUA with bloody loads of Emmys!, has created a web site which gives info/reviews/advice on serious professional products. There are no MAC products on this site btw....

Makeup Artist Education and Workshops - Makeup School - Professional Makeup and Cosmetic Product Reviews - Kevin James Bennett - Emmy Award Winning New York City Makeup Artist - Film, Video, Photography

I love all the links you post very helpful:hug:

Latest posts

Back