Callus Peel - what do you charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammej85

Reaction score
Afternoon geeks!

I purchased a Callus Peel kit from Beauty UK yesterday (this one here - Beauty-Select)

The kit cost me £37 VAT free and the guy on the stand said depending on area people charge between £20 - £40 for the treatment.

Im wondering how many geeks use this and what you charge as a standalone treatment and as an add on.

I mean if you were doing a facial or manicure and added this on then its technically 'dead time' so what do you think is a fair price?

Also thinking of offering it as a treatment but then offer a file and paint on hands whilst its on etc

Any thought appreciated, ta! x

I got this b4 the show and with postage it cost me £51 so it is going to cost you £5 a treatment, I havent added to my list yet but think you will need t charge £20 for it I was impressed tho had mine done at the show very impressed wish I had waited and got i there tho x

Hi, I have been offering this for a couple of months now and myself and my clients love it! I'm offering it for £20 as a "stand alone" treatment but an extra £15 if they have a pedi too. I bought about ten tubes of the cream and have sold all of them for £7 each..... just about to order more supplies now! I think its a great little treatment! Kirsty x

Thanks geeks!

I was thinking £20 stand alone or £10 as an add on.

My auntie has asked for it and as i havn't practised yet im just going to ask her for a tenner!

We charge £15 as a stand alone treatment or £10 as a add on.

x

Im charging £30 and I do cuticle work, nail work, callus peel, buffing, foot and leg massage, nail oil. They take a foot file home home, to continue the treatment

Out of interest, how effective is this treatment?

I charge £20-£26 depending on if heels only or balls of feet too, been using it for few yrs and people pay for it, I charge extra few quid for shape and polish if required x

Out of interest, how effective is this treatment?

It's amazing! Thought it looked good on the site but seeing the demo's at Beauty UK i was really impressed.

I can't wait to try it on my boyfriends mum, she has the worst hard skin i have EVER seen so may need to do it twice? But i can see a hooked client right there lol! Am going over tomoro so will let you know how it goes!

Thanks for your prices everyone! x

I charge as to how many areas as you will have to use more patches!

The kit states it treats 10 clients, but I count myself as fairly average and i get alot of hard build up on both my heels and ball of foof/big toe, so treating me it would take 4 sachets??????? that then makes it quite an expensive product doesnt it?

I'd def have a captive market for this IF it's cost efective, for example as a client I wouldnt want to pay double to treat all of my areas :-/

Each packet contains 2 sheets of the product, I charge £x for treating one area eg heels or £x for treating heels and balls ( lol) x

How effective it is has depende on amount of callus on bottom of feet esp heels and balls and client excpectation. I find that if it is very callused it will take a few!!!

There is cream to retail after their treatment - ive only just got that in so will have to see how that goes.

The secret is to ensure you leave the patches on sufficient time, buff well and use the cream but above all be honest if it will take a while - maybe offer a discount

Im wondering if it would be better to soak the feet before applying?

I did my Mum the other day and left them on for 20 and there was still quite a bit of hard skin there - although there wasn't loads to start with.

Does anyone soak first, wether stand-alone or with a pedicure, and if so does it make a difference?

The kit states it treats 10 clients, but I count myself as fairly average and i get alot of hard build up on both my heels and ball of foof/big toe, so treating me it would take 4 sachets??????? that then makes it quite an expensive product doesnt it?

I'd def have a captive market for this IF it's cost efective, for example as a client I wouldnt want to pay double to treat all of my areas :-/

They dont pay double. For heals I charge 20 pounds and if they want the balls of their feet done then its 5 pounds extra. So not really expensive no.

Im wondering if it would be better to soak the feet before applying?

I did my Mum the other day and left them on for 20 and there was still quite a bit of hard skin there - although there wasn't loads to start with.

Does anyone soak first, wether stand-alone or with a pedicure, and if so does it make a difference?

It is supposed to be applied to dry feet.
With clients that have a lot of hard skin - I will file off as much as I can before applying the patch. I leave the patch on for 15-20 mins.
Take the patch off one foot and scrape. Put the patch back on if you have to whilst doing the other foot and then file again at the end.
They say 30 mins treatment time but you need to take longer in order to do a good job!

If your client had quite bad skin then suggest she comes back in 2 weeks and then once a month for up keep of it. Its so important that they also keep their feet moisturised as they will get better results next time xx

Latest posts

Back