Callus peel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstys beauty

We put the treat in your treatment.
Reaction score
Hi geeks

If I do a pedicure and already use a corn and callous knife to remove hard skin, is there any way I could use the callous peel and charge extra as this would do the same thing?

Kirsty

I don't use a knife...... Use callus peel only and you will get great results that last...x

Definately! Its an additional service which requires products, time and your skill and knowledge.

I offer it as a stand alone service or as an add on.

I love having a pedicure, one of my favourites treatments and would much prefer to pay a little extra than have a knife used on me :hug:

You should check with your insurance if you are covered to use the callus knife. It's very easy to slip it and cut. And it bleeds for ages - as I found out when I had a go at my heels after a bath.
Deffo not something I'd use on clients in the salon!
Some European countries use if as standard in their pedicure routine - in my natal Romania they do - they are very skilled though. But the rules are strict here abc you'd be in big trouble if you've had an accident on a client.

July x

I used the Callus peel for the first time last week.. amazing results.. definatly sticking to it ..

Sarah xx

What do you girls charge standalone and with pedi? x

£15 as a stand alone treatment or as an add-on, same price

Iv never used callous peel. Can you give me info on it? Does it totally replace any other hard skin removal? xx

I didn't think you were allowed to use a knife( insurance doesn't cover it) I use callus peel x

can you just buy and use the callus peel with a Mani & Pedi Cert, or is there a specific course that needs doing to be covered by insurance? thanks

Callus peel is great ;)

can you just buy and use the callus peel with a Mani & Pedi Cert, or is there a specific course that needs doing to be covered by insurance? thanks

No, Pedi cert would be enough

A Pedicure is a beauty treatment, removing callus with a knife or scalpel is a job for the Podiatrist or Foot Health Practitioner, what if your client is Diabetic or takes Warfarin for example? I am a Pedicurist and Foot Health Practitioner and to cover myself I have two seperate insurances to cover me for the two very seperate protocols.

Callus peel looks absolutely brilliant however and I am dying to have a go on some of my clients soon.

Elaine

You still wouldn't do callus peel on a diabetic but if you did you would just use lighter pressure when scraping. x

I do all my pedi's with callus peel. It's amazing and clients love it....I do more peidcures than ever since introducing it into the salon.

Also, clients love that it's single use and no sharp blades.

I have just started look into Callus Peel as its coming into summer etc.

Ive just had a quick look, Im on my phone so its tough, and there seems to be a few options on there. What do you need to start up with doing Callus peel?

Thanks Geeks

The starter pack has everything you need, enough for 10 treatments x

Thankyou Princess Layla, does it come with good instructions? Or is it quite easy to use?!

Latest posts

Back