Callus peel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcawjjaw12

Reaction score
I am going to be offering this treatment as had lots of enquirys about it. Had 1 new client in particular message me saying her feet are really bad with hard skin, and have cracked hacks in the heel. She is looking for advice if a callus peel would benefit her. Apart from the the usual homecare routine and pedicures that I have advised, would a callus peel be beneficial? Cx

Yes, callus peel works really well on cracked / hard heels.
After you have scraped off the product, make sure you spray with water & buff good and hard, then repeat several times until all the hard skin is gone. Lie the client on their front for this.

Screenshot_20180820-123433_Messenger.jpg

This is the pictures she sent xx

This is the pictures she sent xx

Gosh, that is a bad case.
She's probably got other medical issues going on too I'd guess. Feet don't generally get that bad without reason.

As you haven't met or done any treatments on her yet, I think I would suggest that you invite her in for a normal pedicure (that includes soaking & standard hard skin removal with a rasp) so that you can carry out a full consultation on her to find out more.
If the cracks are very deep you will need to be wary of her picking up a secondary infection in them and don't remove too much hard skin in the first session.

If you decide she is ok to treat, then after a first standard pedicure you could book her in a month later for another pedicure that also includes the callus peel treatment. Repeat monthly until on top of the condition. Home care products / advice as needed. (You will not be able to sort these cracks out in one peel treatment - even though it is really good.)

If, when you do her consultation, you feel it is beyond what you are happy to treat, then refer her to a chiropodist.

P.s.
In one of the photos, her shoe looks like a flat backless style. She would be better to apply foot cream, then socks, then trainers to help relieve the dryness. So discuss the benefits of wearing closed heel shoes to prevent the heel drying out so much.

Latest posts

Back