camera advice!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loo

Reaction score
hello thought you might be able to help me its my birthday soon and my boyfriend has offered to get a new digi camera for my b'day - also he wants to use it too for his mountain biking photos to catch him in mid air lol :lol: Any way it would be really nice to get one that takes good detailed close up pictures but I havent a clue where to start. All I know is that you need to buy one with a high pixel range or something?????? Any ideas, at the mo we have one that is 2.0 mega pixels and I have to do a seperate zoom after on the computer. I have always been interested in photography and studied it a little doing black and white photo's while on an art course at college. I would love to be able to take really artistic photo's but i bet the camera would be too expensive. My main reason now though is to take pictures of nailart and nail enhancements ;)

loo said:
hello thought you might be able to help me its my birthday soon and my boyfriend has offered to get a new digi camera for my b'day - also he wants to use it too for his mountain biking photos to catch him in mid air lol :lol: Any way it would be really nice to get one that takes good detailed close up pictures but I havent a clue where to start. All I know is that you need to buy one with a high pixel range or something?????? Any ideas, at the mo we have one that is 2.0 mega pixels and I have to do a seperate zoom after on the computer. I have always been interested in photography and studied it a little doing black and white photo's while on an art course at college. I would love to be able to take really artistic photo's but i bet the camera would be too expensive. My main reason now though is to take pictures of nailart and nail enhancements ;)
Hi!

I have the Olympus 300 mju, with 3.2 megapixels
My mum got one just before christmas so i had the chance to play before i bought one for myself. It is absolutely fantastic!
It has a great zoom and also has a black & white option.
It is really good for taking close up pictures of nail work - really clear, crisp images. also really easy to upload pics onto computers!

i can't remember the exact cost but i thinks its about £200

hope this helps!

Jenn

hiya

i have the canon ixus 400 very good you can have very high pixel or normal so you can chose your detail. It got the best buy on the which mag

mine is a 4 million pixel with macro mode for close ups, but for nails i still have to crop them on the pc to get them really close for the web, take them at 2/3 million and low resolution.
it has taken me ages to figure it all out myself, perhaps someone who is brilliant with digi`s and a computer wizard will answer you in a better way.

Hiya Loo,
Its my B'day soon too and like you I have asked for a Digi to snap my nails. Hopefully Ill be getting my hands on a Canon G5 this week :)
Knowing me it will prob take me until next B'day to learn how to use it :rolleyes:
Meanwhile try this link to help you with your decision www.dpreview.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back