Camouflage makeup on broken capillaries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura89

Reaction score
Hi girls and guys...
I will be doing some camouflage work on a middle age woman next week and she has varicose veins on her leg, i have done camouflage makeup on port wine stains etc and i am confident on doing camouflage on any skin condition (as long as it is not a contraindication which prevents me from carrying out the service) but just wondering if there is any precautions i should take? I have never done varicose veins before. Should i take care not to put much pressure on it etc?

What products are you using? And are they really sticking out or just discoloured?

What products are you using? And are they really sticking out or just discolored?
they are stuck out a bit and i am using veil, its only a family friend that i am doing it on but i still need to take care, ive looked all over the internet but all it tells me is how to apply the product (which i know how to do) i just want to know if there is any precautions that i should take when applying the makeup. could pressure worsen the varicose veins?

It's not so much the pressure as the condition of the skin. If there are any, and I mean ANY, signs of broken skin or soreness then don't do it. If there's any pain, don't do it. If the skin is in good condition then it's fine to proceed, but might be better to use a liquid cover with a sponge or brush.

I've got varicose veins and it would really effing hurt if someone pressed on them. I think at most I would be able to cope with a brush and liquid product applied very lightly but even then I might get an itching sensation where I want such application to be as quick and as over as soon as possible.

That's just me and your client might be different so don't be afraid to discuss it with them at length. Just be like "I really want to give you the best coverage possible so I need you to help me out here, do you feel ok with me lightly applying liquid product here?" "You must tell me to stop if it gets uncomfortable"

Depending on the severity of the veins I wonder if airbrushing would work aesthetically. It would certainly eliminate any worries regarding safety and discomfort.

I think you should be fine. Everyone camouflage differently and as its a family friend you feel as if your under more pressure, Do ya thang girlfriend!

Personally i would use a blend of airbrushing and concealing. Depending on how bad you needed to cover I would conceal the area with camouflage make up using in specifics kryolan dermacolour palette, use either a beauty blend or a nice stippling brush to just set itself on top then use my airbrush colour to set. Use either a fixing powder or ben nye final seal to make it waterproof and happy days!

I actually have two friends that have different approaches, one has a spraytan the other uses mac face and body to hide it! Have fun! :) xoxo

Thanks girls! x

Latest posts

Back