Can’t find any legit salons - Connecticut USA

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyechica

Reaction score
Not a nail tech just someone who loves to get nails done. Had a set of acrylics done in August of this year I paid 55.00 for the set but that was with designs and using three different colors for colored French on my nails.
My fills were 30 that was with designs.

I never got cut downs because nails were short when I did the full set so I left them grow to medium length. Never fell off no issues until my fill 4 weeks ago in end of November Saying I needed a new set because my Acrylic was all yellow said at your next fill you need to get a new set. My next fill came and I asked if I could wait till end of dec to replace the set she said ok that’s fine. Christmas eve early morning my left finger on
My thumb got
Caught on Something and ripped off Half my nail bed Went to urgent care they gave me anabiotics and a covering

I suspect they are using mma products I am in the states Connecticut and we have no regulations for nail salons so they can get away with anything.
Salon is Asian owned. In Connecticut Asian salons are everywhere it’s hard find a real salon

Any tips I’m getting my nails soaked off tomorrow I I have to let the damaged one grow out and they can’t touch it according to the doctor I saw. Once my nails heal I would love to get acrylics again but I’m weary

I suspect they are using mma products I am in the states Connecticut and we have no regulations for nail salons so they can get away with anything. Salon is Asian owned. In Connecticut Asian salons are everywhere it’s hard find a real salon

Presumably they are licensed so will have to abide by the licensing regulations for your state?
It’s lazy racist stereotyping to assume that because the staff are Asian/American they aren’t doing a good job.

I’m bit
Presumably they are licensed so will have to abide by the licensing regulations for your state?
It’s lazy racist stereotyping to assume that because the staff are Asian/American they aren’t doing a good job.
saying they are lazy but in my state there areNo regulations so salons can do what they want use for nails

Plenty of state regulated salons still used MMA. And most of the world is not regulated for nails. What it sounds like you need is a professional who values your nails more than you do. You can find people like this in budget salons and in expensive salons (just as the inverse is true).

My recommendation is to pop round a few different salons. Look specifically for hygiene levels and certificates of advanced/continuing education. Those are the guys who take their craft seriously and would have little reason to use MMA.

Best of luck, I hope your finger gets better!

Unfortunately, Connecticut is the ONLY state in the US that does not require nail techs to be licensed.

I would do as The Geek suggests. Even though they are not 'licensed', call around and ask questions about sanitation/hygiene and their level of nail education.

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back