Can’t get pre bonded extensions out of my hair, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siobhanolivia

Reaction score
Hi, I have been getting pre bonded hair extensions for years and have never experienced so much difficulty with removing like I have with this set.

They have been stubborn to remove before and do usually take some forced cracking and combing to get them out, but not this time.

I think the problem is my bonds are just too solid. My hair dresser tried the usual of cracking the bond with pliers (which she just couldn’t do due to how solid the bonds were) and instead of acetone softening the bonds it just dried hard on the bonds and so made no difference.

In the end my hair dresser had to melt the bonds with heat to get them to slide off my hair, but now I’ve been left with hard glue residue dried into my hair. My hairdresser has suggested soaking my hair in olive oil overnight and hopefully the glue residue will comb/wash out in the morning, but I’m so stressed that this might not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why my bonds are so solid and can’t be broken to come out, and what will get this very hard, dried glue out my hair??

I do look after my extensions and use all the right products and have never lost a bond before or experienced any matting, so what could be wrong with my bonds?

You need alcohol and acetone mixed in equal parts and it needs to completely saturate the bond before cracking with pliers. It’s Italian keratin that’s used mostly and it is rock hard so is a buggar to get out, unlike the softer keratin they used to use which u could pretty much get out just by putting a ton of conditioner on and letting it melt them! I buy a gallon of alcohol and a gallon of acetone and just mix in equal parts then pour into a squeezy bottle. Good luck!

I meant to say I buy the gallon bottles from eBay, the hair manufacturer will usually sell their own branded bottles but it’s exactly the same stuff except in tiny amounts and for about ten times the price!

Latest posts

Back