Can’t place silicone curlers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOLLYPOPSFORALL

Reaction score
Hi there,

I’m new to the lash lift and have just completed my training. Can anyone please give me tips on correctly placing the silicone curlers as I’m losing the will to live I just can’t seem to get this part right. I have no problem getting them to stick but the placement is always wrong, I’ve got to that stage where I think I just can’t do this... any help from you experienced ladies would be greatly appreciated xx

Hi don’t panic! Which ones are you using? Some are nicer than others
Personally I use lash base (they do a small size which some don’t)
I usually tailor the ends with scissors as nobody’s eye sockets seem as wide as the curlers

Sometimes it helps to warm them in your hands or on a sunny window sill and they mould to the eye lid better

Where do you seem to have the problem, is it the ends? X

Thanks for the tips... I’ve got lashbase and salon systems and have problems with both. I have been trimming them but it’s more not being able to place them at the base of the lash which I know is important, maybe I’m holding them wrong but there is always a gaping bit of skin in the centre and when I try to gently push it down the ends move out of position. I also have trouble placing the lower eye pads... I think great! I’ve done it then I notice little lashes sticking out !! So frustrating!!!

I agree the lower pads are a nightmare
I don’t know if this helps as it’s really hard to imagine exactly what you mean lol but I hold the shield with my dominant hand, then as I’m hovering over the lid I use thumb and forefinger on the other hand to press down (fairly lightly) but also jiggle the shield by pushing with the dominant hand?
It’s nothing special and probably what everyone does lol but just thought I’d say in case
Sometimes tho an eyelid will just have a different curve to it and you do get a little gap, but only occasionally
I also check no lower ones have got lifted as the little terrors do escape, by lifting the lid towards the brow slightly with my thumb and then if any have got in there accidentally you can hook them out before popping the lotion on

Stretch the skin up on the eyelid to stop the gap

Hi there,

I’m new to the lash lift and have just completed my training. Can anyone please give me tips on correctly placing the silicone curlers as I’m losing the will to live I just can’t seem to get this part right. I have no problem getting them to stick but the placement is always wrong, I’ve got to that stage where I think I just can’t do this... any help from you experienced ladies would be greatly appreciated xx

if they have the smallest amount of foundation on their eyelid it won’t stick. Start by asking if they’ve worn any foundation or eye makeup today even if they have taken it off. What they took it off with (usually the culprit).

Then use an oil free cleanser and dry skin.

Apply the glue to the skin and the shield on both sides before applying. Then if it doesn’t stay ask the client to hold it while you do other side, then swap. The first is usually nice and stuck by the time you finish them both.

You also need to cut the shields sometimes. I reuse mine and disinfect them, so regulars with awkward eye shapes I can save time cutting them to size.

With droopy eyelids, use micro pore tape to lift the skin up too (mine are so droopy it’s a pain in the ass, but I do my lashes and have a fake face lift at the same time haha).

Hi don’t panic! Which ones are you using? Some are nicer than others
Personally I use lash base (they do a small size which some don’t)
I usually tailor the ends with scissors as nobody’s eye sockets seem as wide as the curlers

Sometimes it helps to warm them in your hands or on a sunny window sill and they mould to the eye lid better

Where do you seem to have the problem, is it the ends? X
Hi there, do you have good results from lash base.. Im trying to decide whether to change to them or not :) thanks

Yes absolutely fab results x

Latest posts

Back