Can anyone help with contra-actions from nail enhancements?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

* Helen *

Reaction score
Hello

I am doing a Nail Tech course and I need to know three possible contra actions to treatments. I have already "an allergic reaction to a product" can I also use rashes or is that classed as a allergic reaction??:o

I have done a quick search but nothing seems to specifically say what they are!!

Hope know-one minds :biggrin:

Helen

Nail Diseases or Disorders
Fungal Infections

Thanks, wouldn't they be classed as a Contra Indication though and not a action?

hello,

here is a copy of my notes I made when covering this. There are many, and also bear in mind if you do come across anything on a client you don't know or recognise.... refer to GP!

thinning of natural nail plate - over buffing of nail plate by tech or client
cutting of skin around cuticles - improper use of cuticle knife, pushing cuticles back too harshly, pulling at hang nails, using nippers to cut cuticle away , using new files near to sidewalls and cuticles.
excessive erythema of skin: too heavy a pressure when performing massage, massaging on sensitve areas of skin, skin reaction to massage
discolouration of nail plate - not using a base coat, using formaldehye products.
specific to extensions:
softening of the natural nail - natural nail thinned by contant filing, nailural nail thinning by over priming, natural nail not dehydrated, product lifted and moisture is trapped, nail plate is wet before application.
splitting flaking and thinning of nat. nail - overblending of tips, overbuffing, extensions too long, client picks, maintenance due.
loss of extensions prematurly = improper prep of nat. nail, nail ext. too long, changes in clients lifestyle, improper use of products inappropiate to enhancements.
lifing of product - improper prep of nat. nail, medication and stress, nail extension too long, contamination of products tools or equipment. incorrect ratio of products, improper application, clients not returning for maintenance.

hth... good luck with your work!
:D

I have always refered to The encyclopidia of Nails by Jacqui Jefford - it is really helpful.

Thanks a lot thats a great help :)

I have the encyclopdia on order, hoping to get it before I have to hand in my first assignment!!!

Thanks again

Helencad said:
Thanks a lot thats a great help :)

I have the encyclopdia on order, hoping to get it before I have to hand in my first assignment!!!

Thanks again
Cool thats fine.... it's really hard to remember them all.... I keep all my notes typed up to hand. Also that book is Brilliant I read and read it and I still go back and back to it constantly.
Good luck honey x :D

Thank you honey :D

Hiya i am just wondering if anyone can help me??????!!??!?!?

I am doing an assignment on preventing contra actions to artificial nails.. and am just wondering if anyone can help?!

My question is what precautions would you take to avoid the contra actions from happening eg - thinning of the nail plate, softening of the nail plate, adhesion faliure, loss of nail extension
THANK YOU

Latest posts

Back