can anyone help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenelopePitstop

Reaction score
hello,

i Was wondering whether anyone could help, i did a clients nails on tuesday this week (silk Frenchtips), so 3 days ago now, she has just called me to say they are "funny" around the edges near the cuticles, she said it was on one before she went to bed and onsome others when she got up the next morning!!
i asked her if she has been using the oil, which i know she has as she purchased it from me. she also asked me whether she could get the stuff herself, i kinda think she doesn't want to pay any more money which sets of alarms for me, is she being an akward customer? but i only charge £25 for a full set and £2.50 for a repair!!

i just think it's really early to start lifting and looking tatty, does anybody have any ideas to why this is happening? i do leave slight gaps near the cuticle.

Help!! i use the edge products

Pen x

Maybe she's been picking at them? You say she might be an awkward customer, if she's been asking where to get products cheaper! Your price is very reasonable and she would pay the same to go a nss salon so she should realise that you would do them properly for the same price, and that you could be charging more than you do already! I don't really have any answers as to what else it could be! I only do l+P tip & overlays at the min! Sorry!;)

Thanks Rachel, maybe she is picking at them it's strange though as i make sure that there are no lumps,bumps or ridges!! i'm too much of a perfectionist when it comings to buffing!!

does anybody think that it could be the resin that's not adhering properly??

Pen xx

Me too! I wouldn't leave the nails looking less than my best! It could be the resin that's the problem! Maybe the nail needs more of a coating? I wouldn't know, but it sounds to me that maybe the problem is the client:rolleyes: by the sounds of it! Lol. I know because i've had people say the nail has come off and when i look at them, you can see they've been picked at because the natural nail plate is peeling and uneven. Showing signs of a picker! It's funny though because they think they can pull the wool over your eyes!

funkyfingers10 said:
hello,

i Was wondering whether anyone could help, i did a clients nails on tuesday this week (silk Frenchtips), so 3 days ago now, she has just called me to say they are "funny" around the edges near the cuticles, she said it was on one before she went to bed and onsome others when she got up the next morning!!
i asked her if she has been using the oil, which i know she has as she purchased it from me. she also asked me whether she could get the stuff herself, i kinda think she doesn't want to pay any more money which sets of alarms for me, is she being an akward customer? but i only charge £25 for a full set and £2.50 for a repair!!

i just think it's really early to start lifting and looking tatty, does anybody have any ideas to why this is happening? i do leave slight gaps near the cuticle.

Help!! i use the edge products

Pen x
Could be a few things: her picking....poor prep :o sorry, to thick near cuticle, the product touching cuticle ...which product do you use and how many layers of resin do you put on a wrap..

hi Louise,
No don't worry it could be my prep i suppose it's possible, i use the edge resin and silk and i do 1 coat of resin before i apply the silk and then 3 coats of resin over the silk.
it's really bugging me!!

Pen x

I dont think you can judge what the problem is without seeing them. After all her using the expression "funny" isnt exactly explicit as to what the problem is. Is it possible for you to get a look at them to be able to do a diagnosis? She might mean lifting and it is possible to get that after 3 days if the product touched the cuticle or the nail wasnt prepped correctly.

Latest posts

Back