Can anyone recommend a Gel System?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was using Calgel, as per my previous post, however, after much debate I have now changed over to IBD. Cant fault it at all. Great to work with and lasting result. Check out Grafton Internationals Website as they are the supplier, www.graftons.co.uk

Hope this helps

Cheers for all your help!! Im going to go with Brisa...keep it all under roof (if you know what i mean!), but your advice has been great..XXXXXXX

I have been using Bio Sculpture for over a year now and have just done a course with Creative for L&P because some of my clients need something a bit stronger. However, for the ladies who aren't so heavy on their hands (and I myself find it great even tho I'm always on the go!) and have their own natural nails it's great and all my clients prefer it to L&P as it's more flexible. As pointed out earlier tho it's not so easy to use for sculpturing but this just takes practice and even I find some sculptures turn out gorgeous and others now and again I'm not so pleased with - but my clients don't seem to complain - I know I've been called a perfectionist at times :rolleyes:

The system is fairly expensive compared to some other gels on the market but even tho I still only charge £22 for a set of natural nail overlays I do find I make a decent profit from it and I prefer that to gels such as the Star Nails gel which I originally used and found that it lifted no end on the free edge of natural nails. Bio Sculpture doesn't seem to hardly ever do that.

So, it's not one of the strongest gels and you'd have to try it out on clients individually first to see if it works for them - I find it probably works for 90% of people I've tried it on so far and the other things I like about it lots is the fact that it soaks off and doesn't have to be filed off - in fact there is very little filing involved in Bio Sculpture gel if it's a natural nail overlay! Following the soak off all my clients have been amazed at how strong (immediately) their nails feel too!

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Love Michelle x

I have used LCN for the last two years. They do a wide range of gels for every eventuality - a fibreglass gel, sculpting gels, self levelling,coloured etc. It is expensive but the results are great. what is more important is thier customer service and their training, both are first class. You feel like you are part of a big family rather than another customer. If you have any probs they wil help you until it is resolved.

The sculpture gels are hard to master, but their self levelling gels are soo easy to use the one component resin is good and if I need to I can do a full set in an hour - I prefer 90 mins so that the client doesn't feel rushed

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Hi
Well all I did was acrylic L&P but I was being asked about gels more and more so felt I had to investigate. I've tried LCN, Light Elegance, Star Nails and then found the Akzentz range and have never looked back,no cracking,yellowing and very strong. Karen at Nails Plus Beauty is excellent, they are helpful and always willing to help the webiste is www.nailsplusbeauty.com . I do also offer the Bio Sculpture but only use as natural overlays and I do infill with this product even although I was told to soak off every month I'm afraid my clientele would not go for that especially money wise as it is more expensive to buy than most gels, because it is a soak off gel then yes they can discolour but it does depend on your client.
The akzentz range has also just brought out Options which is a soak off gel.
As for a gel to go over your acrylics I use the Akzentz Natural gel, I use NSI acrylic l&p and used to use the perma gloss but since using the akzentz gels I now just use the natural and it is cheaper to buy. I don't use tips but they have also just started to distribute the new pre etched Daisy Cutter tips which require no blending and are great for gels as they are pre-etched. Good luck with your choice. I would obtain sample packs and try them out on family,my mums been a great tester of all my products and she is hard on her hands with the job she does so if they stand up on her nails then great!
Good luck
jenny

Latest posts

Back