Can anyone recommend a good addition to my wee business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shopaholic42

Reaction score
Hi all
I am really new to Beauty Geek, and been a practicing Nail Technician for almost a year now. I started with a night course - did my manicure, H&S, nail extension and nail art units, then completed my training with Biosculpture for Gel. This is puddling away nicely, but would eventually like to break into this full time (I'm currently just doing it part time from home), but feel I need another "string to my bow" before I take the plunge. Can anyone recommend a course I can do at nights or distance learning - I thought maybe spray tanning would be good???
All suggestions very much appreciated.
Thanks

Kath x

I was going to suggest spray tanning but its costly.

Spray tanning would be a nice idea as you don't need to buy the equipment right away, just the training.

Also, do you offer a pedicure service currently?

Waxing service would be another lower cost option to add to your skills.

Im a Nail Technician, and offer all services for hands and feet. I have just recently added Spray Tanning with Sienna X to my treatment menu, it was quite costly, but then you'll make that money back in no time!

I am also going to do waxing and maybe eyebrow and eyelash tinting!

xxxxxxxx:hug:

I wouldnt say that spraytanning has to be costly if you consider the cost of the actual liquid and the potential income of approx 25 full body sprays per litre. I agree that you obviously have to buy the equipment but most starter packages already contain all the bits and bobs that you would need to get more than just your money back.

If you have a look through salongeek what the other geeks recommend and then either contact (PM, email or phone) some of the companies and see where you feel you get the best deal (that is not only the money but also the support, training and anything else that company can offer)

I would say something like waxing or eyelash tinting etc

What about Threading?

I did the course last year and its one the best move I've ever made. It was £100 for my course and the outlay for materials is minimal.

I've easy made my money back, in fact several times over!

Very popular treatment.

I would add waxing and spray tanning. you will definately make your
money back with the spray tanning definately a good investment.

The good thing about spray tanning is that it offers a good return, can be done at home or mobile and is well liked by clients.

At £** a litre, charging £20 a tan and assuming 15 tans a litre you turnover £*** and make a gross profit of £** So a £*** outlay would be paid back after 30 tans.

Training takes a few hours and after a bit of practice you'll be great at it.

If you have a good client base that are interested in tanning, and can get 30 of them to try you in a month it's easily possible to pay off your outlay before Mr Visa wants his money.

In my honest (as my wife points out I don't do humble :lol:) opinion, that's a cost effective addition a business, that can get you a very handsome profit.

Regards

Mike

**EDIT...Please pm Mike if you would like the prices**

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with tanning, waxing - also do you do feet??

I've no idea about licensing there in the Uk, but how about Eyelash Extensions!:idea: NovaLash is a great company. I trained last year and got certified. This is a huge and growing service in the US. It was surprising to me that there are actually whole salons (Lash Lounges) just for extensions. Just Google "Eyelash Extensions" and you will come up with dozens of companies that train, and supply. Luck to you.

Hi waxing is a good bow to have, easy to learn and reap profits, eyelash tinting, and the parafin wax as a luxury to mani and pedis clients love this pamper, cheap easy and more happy clients
:):)

Waxing is a good one to add, bread and butter business, your always busy with waxing I think whatever the season!
Spray tanning is a good one but obviously more to buy, depends what your business is like and who your clients are. Maybe do a wee bit of research with your clients?

let us know what you decide hun!

xxx

as she posted this question in May and it is now August, I think she has probably decided.

Who dug this one out?:lol:

Would be interested to know what additional services were decided upon....and more importantly...were they successful?

Pedicures consistently come out as one of the fastest growing services in The Guild survey, year on year.

Gel overlays on toenails are amazingly popular now:)

as she hasn't been on geek since 22 May I don't think we are going to find out!

ohh come on guys...it's not that old. Could understand if it was last year and totally irrelevant...but this could still be a useful thread for anyone else in the same position.

Latest posts

Back