Can anyone recommend decent clippers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytoes

Reaction score
Hey all, i am looking to invest in a good quality men's hair clippers. I don't want to spend toooo much, but i don't want a cheap one either! Thank u all you lovely people in advance! :D

Whal super taper iv always found to be really good. I bought mine from sallys on VAT free and think they were only about £50.

if you are using them alot wahl academy cordless or bellissimo cordlesss. they are about 80 pounds but soo soo worth it!!

Wahl bellissima are amazing!!!

Wahl! I think they are the super taper, I just wanted them as they were pink!! But had them about 5 years now!! X

Thanks for the replies so far. I am researching on the net as i type:biggrin:

The Wahl Acadamy Cordless clipper is the best I have used. I think they are around £120 but may have come down a bit.

The Wahl Acadamy Cordless clipper is the best I have used. I think they are around £120 but may have come down a bit.

Wahl academy cordless all the way in our salon.
Pretty pricey to start with but they get used by 4 of us every day and weve had them a good few years.Def recommend them over other cheaper brands that just dont last the time
x

Bellisima !!! All the way used them while I worked on RaF barbers never failed' ! Xx

Whal super taper iv always found to be really good. I bought mine from sallys on VAT free and think they were only about £50.

They are their classic pair been around for years I have 3 pairs in salon one must be a good 10 years old and still going strong.

We use the Wahl super taper.

i have the bellisima too (think they are the same or similar to the academy arent they?)
i got it when i worked in a barbers and they were expensive to start, about 120 inc vat but the difference between them and the super taper is night and day.. they are sooo quiet in comparrison and weigh almost nothing, and obviously cordless too so you dont get tangled up with your client if your using a large barbering chair

they do the mini clipper too which i think is called bella which is next on my shopping list

the only fault i have found is that after a while the grades do become loose as they slip on as oposed to clip on like the super taper and the owner at the barbers i worked in had a grade slide off in someones hair :O but they are cheap enough to replace once a year or so anyway

Great advice and suggestions, i have checked them all out, thank you!!

thinking of buying Wahl Academy clippers, where it has a convenient thumb lever which adjusts the taper and texture without changing the blades. This appeals to me..cordless would have been a bonus though..

are there any good cordless clippers with adjustable taper and texture without changing the blades. This sounds perfect for me..i need to find one soon! :idea:

Latest posts

Back