Can anyone recommend decent scissors?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma99900

Reaction score
hi everyone,

so I start level 3 next week :D and I have a job in a salon ! After taking 4/5 years out I am sooooo excited!!

Ive decided ill treat myself to some new scissors, I'm going to be training like I said towards level 3 so not sure if its worth buying massively expensive ones, what do you think?

I used jaguars during level 2 and oh my gosh they killed my hand ! But willing to give them another go if you guys recommend them?

many thankssssss :D xxx

hi everyone,

so I start level 3 next week :D and I have a job in a salon ! After taking 4/5 years out I am sooooo excited!!

Ive decided ill treat myself to some new scissors, I'm going to be training like I said towards level 3 so not sure if its worth buying massively expensive ones, what do you think?

I used jaguars during level 2 and oh my gosh they killed my hand ! But willing to give them another go if you guys recommend them?

many thankssssss :D xxx
how much would you like to spend?

£100 or under, ish.

thanks

The jaguar charm are lovely scissors. They part of the white line range which means they're a step above student scissors but still nice and easy to control. They easy to slice with and feel nice and lightweight in my hand. They're under £100 too xxx

£100 or under, ish.

thanks
My best advice would be to go to a trade show so you can get your hands on dozens of different styles of scissors. Feel the different weights of the metals, feel if the handles are straight or offset, feel if you like 4.5's -7.5. Have someone knowledgeable talk to you because if you are doing short precision work you may want something entirely different than if you do a lot of dry cutting on long hair etc etc. It's really a personal thing and what works for me might now be the best for you.
Either that or we have scissor guys that come to the salon to sharpen / sell stuff and they usually have a few hundred scissors with them.They are usually pretty good and have a lot of variety of prices. I don't know if that is just a California thing though?
as far as a good starter pair I feel like the Joewell line is well made, durable and you won't have to sharpen them very often. I had mine for a few years before I went crazy and bought all my Japanese scissors.

I have joewells and they are amazing

Latest posts

Back