Can anyone recommend efile training that they've been on please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
im seriousely thinking of getting an efile, with training,
but i would like to know how the training is done, how long it lasts,
did you feel competant straightaway?
do you use it more or less all the time
loads of questions sorry!!

Hi. Stephen at Distinctive nails trains and sells efiles. Sadly drills seem to be a bit of a dirty word to some but used correctly will save your wrists and lots of expense with your files and you just can't beat the finish. They start at about £350 and the drill bits are £16 each but you'd probably only need 3 to start. Its the best investment I've ever made but I'm opening a shop next month and need 5 (ouch!)
Google search either Young nails or Distinctive nails (same company) Sorry I can't send you a link because I'm rubbish on computers!
Good luck x

I did my e-file training with NSI,
it lasted half a day, was asked if i felt ok after this and if i would like them to go over anything that i didn't understand and was told if i ever needed any further help with it to just go along and they would help out,
there was demonstration first then we practised on a practise hand, had to do a tip and overlay first then using the e-file practise as if we would be doing a rebalance, then and only then when we looked like we had the hang of it we had to practise on the tutor and then on each other,
no i didn't feel totally competent straight away, practised on practise hand then on myself then on a few clients that i know really well, then i was away,
i only ever use it to thin product down when rebalancing or to thin product to speed up the soaking off process,
it isn't that much quicker when using the e-file to regular filing, i use it because i have arthritis,
DONT EVER USE ON THE NATURAL NAIL
HTH

thanks for both the replies
i only want it for rebalancing,
i wouldnt use it on the natural nail!!
did you purchase nsi e file and training together?
if so what was the brand of e file?

Hi,

I went to Enfield and did my training with Georgie Smedley last month.

The course for one day and I had to take a model. Excellent training, but the key to it is practice, practice,practice.

I don't use it that much at the moment as I'm worried I will hurt someone....but that's only down to me being nervous.

Can you go to someone who uses an efile so you can have a little play on a practice hand before parting with your cash?

Hi. Stephen at Distinctive nails trains and sells efiles. Sadly drills seem to be a bit of a dirty word to some but used correctly will save your wrists and lots of expense with your files and you just can't beat the finish. They start at about £350 and the drill bits are £16 each but you'd probably only need 3 to start. Its the best investment I've ever made but I'm opening a shop next month and need 5 (ouch!)
Google search either Young nails or Distinctive nails (same company) Sorry I can't send you a link because I'm rubbish on computers!
Good luck x

Hi

Just to a to NailLounge I did my Training with Stephen at :: Distinctive Nail Products :: Young Nails .co.uk :: The Nail Professional's Partner :: also and loved every min. I must say before the training I was so anti e-file. Now I can live without mine good luck in your search.
:hug:

I did my training with California nails in Bolton Lancs, it was for 1 day, I felt quite at ease with it after, I don't use it all the time if I have gone a bit to bulky in product then I use it to take the bulk away, then go to my hand files, I find it is usefull for rebalancing to get most of the product away, then again back to my hand files, well worth the time and money.

I found my efile on ebay:lol: I found 3 or 4 and asked a geek who uses one to tell me which was a good one and bought that one, it saves my back and I love it, save time? not really and you do have to be careful not to give a client hot spots from filing without lifting but I practiced on me until that bit was right, training was with NSI but I get my nail bits from young nails, they do a great cone shaped one that is perfect for cleaning underneath the enhancements. Could burble on for ever, but will end by saying I never use an efile on a new set, just a rebalance.

hi i did the nsi electric file training last week , i bought my e file from them too, the course was good , i do feel confident to use it straight away , as you dont have to have it on a high power. I am only using for rebalance mainly on thick enhancements that are from another salon etc.:)

Did my efile training with NSI, infact me and loubylou did it together.
To be honest i dont use mine that much but really should as i have arthritis and RSI in my wrists and im constantly agrivating it by using a file day in day out.
Cant fault the training i had and i know my educator is always on hand should i have a problem.:hug:

I did my e-file training at NSI too about 2 years ago but I didnt feel confident using my e-file on clients.

It is only recently that I have started using the e-file for de bulking on rebalance appointments if the product is a little thick. I am building up my confidence now but I still get the jitters a bit if there is any lifting as the e-file makes a horrid noise if I file over any lifted area and really makes me and the client jump.

I tend to use the barrel bit only and have tried the two week backfill bit on occasion. I would like to try other bits but not sure of their uses or benefits really. I don't want to waste money on buying these bits when I am unsure of the use. Plus I am not quite sure on how often I should change the bits for new ones.

The training was half a day and at the time I thought I was going to be ok... but it is only with my daughter letting me practice on her nails while I rebalance that I have started to build up my confidence to use on the odd client.

I wouldn't ever use it on natural nails and I dont use it on freshly applied product, just for rebalancing appointments up to now.

thanks everyone for your input,
interesting xxxx

Latest posts

Back