Can anyone shed any light what’s happened here please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel-a

Reaction score
Hiya, I’ve had great feedback with my tans upto a lady I tanned last Thursday night. She’s sent me a picture of her tan after I followed up asking if everything was ok with it. She loves the colour but there’s a few places that havent turned out right. She’s been lovely and polite but I can’t understand what’s happened. I used barrier cream as I always do with with tans and made sure it was applied evenly. Her skin seems to have gone blotchy. I have advised that any meds etc that she may be taking can affect the development of a tan.
She was in the shower when I arrived, quickly dried her hair whilst I was there and told me about recent health problems she’s had. Not sure if this is relevant. Just a bit baffled as this has never happened before.
Thanks
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1513640440.323894.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1513640457.681422.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1513640471.898935.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1513640482.833692.jpg

I'm sure It'll be because she showered just before having her tan. Her skin won't have absorbed the tan properly. Also, she may not have rinsed her shower gel/cream/exfoliating product off thoroughly if she was in a rush and this will have acted as an extra barrier. Razors can also leave a film on the skin from the moisturising strip some of them have, so if she shaved at the same time that won't have helped either. I always advise new tan clients to shave and exfoliate the day before and not to shower within a few hours of having their tan or apply moisturiser or deodorant. MOST of them are really good about it, but there's always one or two that ignore advice!

Thank you Beautiful-you, I couldn’t believe she was still in the shower and had me wait til she dried her hair too. Why people can’t follow advice is beyond me [emoji4]

Thank you Beautiful-you, I couldn’t believe she was still in the shower and had me wait til she dried her hair too. Why people can’t follow advice is beyond me [emoji4]
It's frustrating isn't it? Hopefully she won't make the same mistake again! You mentioned that she was nice about it, which suggests she knew it wasn't your fault, which is at least something I suppose!

Yes, I’ve offered her half price off next tan as a good will gesture and she’s accepted and said she’ll be having them for the next six months. She usually jumps on sunbeds but can’t at the moment due to health reasons. Really knocks your confidence but I knew I’d done everything as I should [emoji4]

S
Yes, I’ve offered her half price off next tan as a good will gesture and she’s accepted and said she’ll be having them for the next six months. She usually jumps on sunbeds but can’t at the moment due to health reasons. Really knocks your confidence but I knew I’d done everything as I should [emoji4]
She's lucky that you've been so generous, but if she becomes a regular client it might well be worth the goodwill gesture :)

S

She's lucky that you've been so generous, but if she becomes a regular client it might well be worth the goodwill gesture :)
Sorry I’ve just seen your reply. My app isn’t working for some reason!

I’ve tanned the lady again, and would you believe, she was in the shower washing her hair again when I arrived unbelievable!!
She wasn’t going to dry her hair as she didn’t want to waste my time. I insisted she dried it. Wasn’t having water dripping down her.
I haven’t heard from her so I’m hoping everything is ok. I haven’t contacted her either as I’d had enough of her haha

Sorry I’ve just seen your reply. My app isn’t working for some reason!

I’ve tanned the lady again, and would you believe, she was in the shower washing her hair again when I arrived unbelievable!!
She wasn’t going to dry her hair as she didn’t want to waste my time. I insisted she dried it. Wasn’t having water dripping down her.
I haven’t heard from her so I’m hoping everything is ok. I haven’t contacted her either as I’d had enough of her haha

How frustrating that she did exactly the same thing again! You might want to look at this in a different way - From your business point of view I wouldn't be very happy that she is ignoring your advice and therefore not likely to get a nice even, long lasting Tan as she is a walking advertisement for your business. You don't want other potential clients thinking that's how all your tans come out! Maybe she's not worth hanging on to after all?!

How frustrating that she did exactly the same thing again! You might want to look at this in a different way - From your business point of view I wouldn't be very happy that she is ignoring your advice and therefore not likely to get a nice even, long lasting Tan as she is a walking advertisement for your business. You don't want other potential clients thinking that's how all your tans come out! Maybe she's not worth hanging on to after all?!

Yes that’s exactly what I was thinking.
I made sure I gave her plenty of info for preparing for her tan and explained how important it is to not have damp skin or hair. She’s clearly not listened and just done what she wanted. My husband runs his own business and like you, has said to not tan her again as it’s bad rep of my tans.
Thanks for your reply, some people hey??? Xx

Yes that’s exactly what I was thinking.
I made sure I gave her plenty of info for preparing for her tan and explained how important it is to not have damp skin or hair. She’s clearly not listened and just done what she wanted. My husband runs his own business and like you, has said to not tan her again as it’s bad rep of my tans.
Thanks for your reply, some people hey??? Xx
Yes it's mad isn't it? You'd think she'd want to get the best possible results for her money?!

Some clients just don't care. End of.

ive had this happen to me before. I quite bluntly said after the THIRD time she insisted on just showering 10 mins before I arrived, that I wouldn't tan her until she had be out the shower and with her hair dried for at least 45 mins which meant I wouldn't have time. She sharp got the message about that. however on the next time I tanned her she proceeded to put gym leggings on and tell me she was going for a run. o_O WHHHYYYYYYY??? so I just said to expect seam lines and bra strap marks the next day. shes now a well behaved regular.

Hiya, I’ve had great feedback with my tans upto a lady I tanned last Thursday night. She’s sent me a picture of her tan after I followed up asking if everything was ok with it. She loves the colour but there’s a few places that havent turned out right. She’s been lovely and polite but I can’t understand what’s happened. I used barrier cream as I always do with with tans and made sure it was applied evenly. Her skin seems to have gone blotchy. I have advised that any meds etc that she may be taking can affect the development of a tan.
She was in the shower when I arrived, quickly dried her hair whilst I was there and told me about recent health problems she’s had. Not sure if this is relevant. Just a bit baffled as this has never happened before.
ThanksView attachment 206713View attachment 206714View attachment 206715View attachment 206716
It is most likely her prep, I had one the other day who had left body cream on and the oil in her hair had rubbed on to the top of her back (causing the tan to want to run) was a nightmare as I didn’t realise until I started to spray, I sent her all of the prep info too and after care! She also had make up on still ... then decided to tell me later that night that she had a bath!! Luckily I’d applied barrier cream etc and did my best spraying her and she messaged me today that it ha turned out quite alright considering the nightmare! I quickly learned that not all people bother to listen to any advise that you give them!

Latest posts

Back