Can anyone shed light on my skin issue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melaniexx

Reaction score
Hi I have these tiny small bumps on my skin at side of face. It keeps returning. I tried gentle exfoliation, microdermabrasion, chemical peels etc and nothing helps. I have tried leaving my skin and it’s worse when I do this.

It looks similar to tops of my arms which I believe is keratosis pilaris. Could this be it but on my face ?

I am so frustrated as it will never clear up and has been recurring for about a year and a half now. I have attached photo.

Thanks!

IMG_1694.JPG

What skincare and make up are you using x

I’m using caudalie at the moment. Gentle cleansing milk, Glycolic essence and vine activ moisturiser. I cut it right back to try and simplify it. Make up wise I use Jane iredale B.B. cream xxx

I think something is definitely not agreeing with your skin. I would get yourself to a salon that knows about skin, not just one that offers treatments like microdermabrasion as they will try and sell you that. You need to start with your home care and get that right and only then look at salon treatments.

Vic x

It looks sensitive. I agree with Vic. Maybe one of your home care products is causing it x

I think something is definitely not agreeing with your skin. I would get yourself to a salon that knows about skin, not just one that offers treatments like microdermabrasion as they will try and sell you that. You need to start with your home care and get that right and only then look at salon treatments.

Vic x

I thought it could be more diet ? Just can’t seem to pin point it which is the most frustrating thing. Thank you for your reply xz

I would probably remove your toner as a starting point x

I would probably remove your toner as a starting point x

The glycolic essence do you mean? I thought that would help to exfoliate as it looks like that’s what it needs up close x

I just feel I need to strip it right back but not sure which brand to go with as I’m scared to try something new x

It looks like it needs more nurturing. Surprisingly we now do a lot less of any exfoliation type treatments and a lot more to help build up and protect the upper layers x

I would try using only natural products without harmful chemicals in for a while as something is definitely irritating you.
A lot of skincare ranges and shampoos etc have some really harsh detergent like compounds in them.
Good luck x

Fungal acne?

This could be a possibility although I have looked online at photos and mines doesn’t seem severe. But I have been attending gym more often.

This could be a possibility although I have looked online at photos and mines doesn’t seem severe. But I have been attending gym more often.
Yes, there are some quite extreme examples online! Have you been wearing any products on your skin whilst at the gym that might be trapping sweat and causing irritation that way?

Yes, there are some quite extreme examples online! Have you been wearing any products on your skin whilst at the gym that might be trapping sweat and causing irritation that way?

Yeah I actually have! I started going to an insanity class straight from work so I’m thinking that could be a contributing factor! Thanks so much for your reply!

Latest posts

Back