can anyone suggest a good company to help set up a website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally-cuts

Reaction score
i'm just in the process of buying my first salon and have no hairdressing experience- mad i know!
i want to set a website up from the start, has anyone used a company to help build a one and do they help with connecting to the right search engines.
also i have seen a company called interstellar-solutions who do business plans with "free" websites. its cheap and seems to good to be true but wondered if anyone else has used them
help!!!!!!!!!!

I use 1and1.co.uk

It costs about £30 for a year and your domain name comes with it for 2 years.

You choose from loads of different templates and then you type in your info and add pics.

The company are affiliated with fotolia which are royalty free pics, you buy £10 worth and each photo is about 70p.

You can upgrade to a forum, a shop, etc as you go along, so room for expansion. It also helps with getting you in the search engines too.

The best thing about it for me is that it is cheap, and I can go on and adjust things as and when I feel like it.

If you decide to go with this format (template) then I suggest you start off by getting your homepage done then get it online, as its advertising you straight away.
You can then add other pages as and when you have time.

check my site out

Guruholistics - Home

and see what you think.

thanks hippy chick thats just the advice i needed
i looked at your website its really good
starting to feel i may have bitten of more than i can chew - but i'm sure i will get there in the end
i spent many years in dentistry so this is all new but its a lifetime dream- i should have gone into this a long time ago
my daughter is just coming to the end of her level 2 and hopefully will come into it with me
thanks again

You are very welcome.

remember, take little steps, you don't have to do it all in one go. Excellent about your daughter joining you too.

I'm biased of course :wink2: but you could try Sean at The Nail Directory. He's built website for lots of Geeks here and they all seem to be very happy with them, and he makes sure they're optimised properly for the search engines too.

Here's a link:

Nail and Beauty Website Templates

Jackie

I'd love to get a properly designed and optimised web site, but for now I have one with Freewebs. It was absolutely totoally free, I didn't pay a penny for any of it! There are some adverts at the top of it, but none of the companies are anywhere near me so it's not too much of a problem.

It doesn't show up in google searches, but my entry on local business directories do show quite high up in searches, and they have a link to my site. So anyone searching for say, a spray tan in Chichester will find me!

I am a firm believer you get what you pay for, it's not perfect... but it's better than no web prescence at all, and I've got one new customer from it so far. Not bad for a freebie!:biggrin:

Mobile Tanning and Beauty | Professional Spray Tanning and Beauty Treatments in Chichester and the Surrounding Areas

I used to use Winklet Web Design. With my other business, then I got too busy and had to shut it down :)

Anyways, you basically buy the template you want and then put your own info in. Its an easy/less expensive route for those who cant spend a lot of money!

I have always done my own sites - I started with one of the Freeweb type ones but I got so frustrated with it because it wouldnt do what I wanted that I eventually moved to Frontpage.

I also use 1&1 for my web hosting which costs about £5 per month and you get a free .co.uk domain name.

Also I could not have done it without Seanny, he has helped me no end. As he is "in the business" (well Jackie is a successful nail technician) so to speak he will know what will help you and what will hinder you.

Good luck with it.

I use web domains pro and they are great. It is £30 for the year complete with your wed domain. They help you every step of the way.

I a no computer expert, but I built my own website with the help of the guys at web domains pro.

It's Select Nailcare go have a nosey!

Natalie
xxx:green:

Hmm, I might be interested in designing a website or two; I work in IT already but want to diversify out into doing web design for people.

Have already done a website for a friend (who is a dominatrix!) and the website also has an "admin" page where she can edit content on the site herself (without having to do any nasty HTML or whatever) and I was wondering if a facility like that would be useful for people with a salon who want to change details of treatments, products, prices, etc but don't want the hassle of meddling with HTML or having to phone someone up to get their site changed...

Ruth

I use web domains pro and they are great. It is £30 for the year complete with your wed domain. They help you every step of the way.

I a no computer expert, but I built my own website with the help of the guys at web domains pro.

It's Select Nailcare go have a nosey!

Natalie
xxx:green:

Loving your site, very nice!

I done my site through Mr Site, you can by the box from PC World, or Comet etc for £30, thats for a year, and includes your site name.

Simple to use for first timers like myself. But when my year's up my fiance will be doing my next one as he does in his spare time.

this is my site Hair & Beauty Now - Welcome (my side line thing)

and example of what my fiance has done, it's his dad's companies site which is also in the middle of being up dated WWW.VA-AP.COM

Sean has also designed my website too!
I can't speak highly enough of his work, he's really helpful and really brought my website to life.
It does excellently in the search engines and I get lots of inquiries and bookings from it.
Take a look;
Gel Nails Preston, Acrylic Nail Services Leyland
HTH

Just thought I'd let you know that the Guild have teamed up with Webmetics to bring Guild Members a web design service. It costs just £50 + VAT to get set up, and a further £19.99 + VAT per month for Guild Members, or £24.99 + VAT per month for non-members.

To find out more call 0870 112 3993 or email [email protected].

Hi

I build my own websites and can build a website for anyon interested for a small fee. About £20 per page. Just PM me if your interested.

Jo

Latest posts

Back