Can anyone tell me how long half head foils and cut normally takes? and my disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lush224

Reaction score
Sorry to hop over here to the hair bit but thought you experts might be able to help me with this.

I have an appointment tomorrow for half head foil highlights (roots only) and a cut. Can anyone indicate how long I can expect to be in the hair salon for?

Oh and this probably warrants a new topic really but in an attempt to save some money in August I had a mobile hairdresser come to my house to do a full head highlights and a cut. She charged £50 where as the salons in my area charge £70. Anyway she completely messed it up, she didn't weave the sections, she just picked up clumps of hair and she put bleach along the whole length rather than just on the roots. She didn't actually use foil, she used the white ones with the plasticy bits on (sorry dont know what they are called)

Anyway as I didn't have a mirror in front of me I could not see what she was doing and it was only after that I started to realise that she hadn't been weaving them. Anyway she washed my hair afterwards and I asked it to be cut with my layers doing. She didn't touch the layers and cut next to nothing off the ends. As she started drying it I could feel my hair was all squeaky and not right. She seemed to stop short of it being dry and I got up to look in the mirror to find my hair was a horrible yellowy colour and my roots were patchy, there were dark bits and the bleach had sort of bled through if that makes sense.

I told her that it was uneven and she told me it was because I had changed my parting since she had highlighted it. Anyway it was awful. It turned out as I asked her, that she had trained 15 years before and then had kids and gone mobile. I don't believe she had ever been trained in foils, she didn't even know how to cut hair layers properly.
I refused to pay her and never heard from her again. She knew she had messed up.

The worse thing was I had my hen night that night and my wedding the week after and it cost me £90 to get it sorted at my normal hairdresser. It really ruined my hen night and added to the stress pre wedding.

I looked into it and it turned out there was nothing I could really do in terms of action towards her. After seeking free legal advice, I could have taken her to the small claims court but it turns out that as I wasn't actually burnt etc I would have been unlikely to win.

It upsets me more now that she is still going around doing peoples hair, and she advertises as doing bridal hair. She could really ruin someones wedding day and is going around ruining other peoples hair. And there seems to be nothing I can do about it.

I learnt a valuable lesson that day though.

Anyway sorry had to get that off my chest.

Thanks so much x

Hi , it varies could be 2 to 3 hours depending on how long and thick and what the texture of your hair is like ,
sorry to hear you had a bad experience ,
glad its ok now though :hug: x

Hi,
I had my highlights & cut done on Monday and it took just over 2 hours - but my hair is quite short.
My sister is my hairdresser and I'm her beautician. It's a great barter system !!!!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back