Can anyone tell me why the spray tan has done this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlietans

Reaction score
Hi

I had a client last week who had an 8% Sienna X spray tan. I've never had any problems before (I've done around 50 tans) and always text the next day to ask new clients if they like the shade so they have chance to give me feedback. The tan went on fine, if a little darker than normal. She loved it the following day but the day after that (so two days after) it did this! She said it's not sore but it's like this on both her arms. Sienna X have said this can happen if the skin is loaded too heavily with tan but usually this happens 5 to 6 days later.

She said she moisturised and exfoliated leading up to the tan but not on the day of the tan. She didn't already have fake tan on so I'm a bit mistified as to why it's happened. Pretty gutted to be honest. She's been lovely about it, thankfully, but I feel really bad about it and think I've lost a client :(. I've offered her her money back.

Can anyone offer any advice as to why this may have happened?

Thanks
Charlie x

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 2,007
This happens to my tan after a few days if I don't moisturise or exfoliate its prob cause she has really dry skin, or sometimes if i have tan on underneath the tan, but you said she didn't have any on, so looks like dry skin, hope that helps hun xx

yes i agree mine also looks like that after about 1 week if i have a dark tan if a lighter one that just tends to fade, has she got really dry skin? has she been scratching it?

She'd exfoliated for two days and moisturised but not on the day of the tan as I'd told her not to. She washed the guide off in the morning and then moisturised in the evening. Her skin didn't appear to be dry at all and it's an odd place to be dry. I just didn't expect it to do this after two days, I've heard of it happening after five or six.

Thanks for your replies and help

x

Has she used dove to moisturise?

Hi the main reasons I find this happens are:

• Client has dry skin
  • Client does not moisturise post tan
  • % of solution was too high for clients skin type
  • Overload of tan on clients skin/sprayed to close
Personally I'm a nightmare for forgetting to moisturise! I find some brands of solution worse then others though. Sienna always goes scaley on me even 8%. I don't get it all the time and can usually pinpoint the cause of scaleyness to one of the points above! HTH

Agree with the above and some solutions dont fade as well, but does she carry a bag over this sholder? Only ask cos I get exactely the same on my left top of sholder and down the front real bad, doesnt itch or anything just breaks up hear badly and it my bag doing it. Its nothing to worry about I know just doesnt look very nice, moisturising helps but doesnt solve it just apply solution not to heavy in this area.

I have extremely dry skin & if I don't moisturise I end up looking like this. It also makes it worse if I have a dark %. I love a dark tan but have to avoid it otherwise I look scaly & odd!!!

Thanks for the feedback guys. It was both shoulders so I don't think it was her bag. She said she hadn't moisturised after washing the guide off so i told her to do it that evening but it was still okay then. If it went scaley two days after maybe not the tan for her. I also have suntana, do you think that'll be better for her or can anyone suggest a different one?

I love this forum, everyone is so helpful!

Cx

Latest posts

Back