Can different Botox brands work differently

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi will try and keep this short.
I first had Botox 3 years ago, by a Dr in 2 areas of my face and she completely froze me (this is what I wanted) and it lasted 5months. She used Botox brand.
The following year (last year) I tried someone nearer to home as the first Dr was 2 hours from me. This new Dr used Bvppocotoure which I found didn’t last, it worked for about 3 weeks. In 5 months I had 4 lots. I decided to leave it as obviously it was getting expensive. I last had it done in December. Where he said he “watered it down” so as to spread further. Not sure about that to be honest...
So end of June I had another practitioner who used Azzalure. After 6 weeks this had also worn off.
I’m convinced after these experiences that it is the product. I think it seems only Botox works with me.
Can any trained professionals give me some advice please?

Hi will try and keep this short.
I first had Botox 3 years ago, by a Dr in 2 areas of my face and she completely froze me (this is what I wanted) and it lasted 5months. She used Botox brand.
The following year (last year) I tried someone nearer to home as the first Dr was 2 hours from me. This new Dr used Bvppocotoure which I found didn’t last, it worked for about 3 weeks. In 5 months I had 4 lots. I decided to leave it as obviously it was getting expensive. I last had it done in December. Where he said he “watered it down” so as to spread further. Not sure about that to be honest...
So end of June I had another practitioner who used Azzalure. After 6 weeks this had also worn off.
I’m convinced after these experiences that it is the product. I think it seems only Botox works with me.
Can any trained professionals give me some advice please?

I’m following this thread as I totally agree with you, I’ve had so many different professionals and such varied results for years, they seem to be pretty good initially to draw you in then the treatment seems to need doing at quicker intervals [emoji31]x

Disclaimer - not a doctor.
Are you sure it’s simply down to the treatment and not your body starting to react differently?
After all, the botulin substance is a poison and it’s likely that with repeated exposure, your body is learning to fight it more effectively.

Are you sure it’s simply down to the treatment and not your body starting to react differently?
After all, the botulin substance is a poison and it’s likely that with repeated exposure, your body is learning to fight it more effectively.

Oh hell I didn’t think of this [emoji31]I’m gonna do a bit of research thanks for highlighting this x

I don’t think this is the case for me personally, as I had it once and it worked for a long period. Then not the year after.
I believe it is said that with regular injections you should need less as the muscles are inclined to not move as much.

In my experience, some doctors are not honest about how many units they are using...that way they can charge you for what they say they're injecting but inject less in your body which makes you think you need to come in more often/it's not working as well. (If a doctor says he's used a certain amount of units in my forehead...well I'm going to trust him, right? Especially if I'm a one-off he thinks he's never going to see again)
If you had preferred results with the first doctor, continue going to that doctor. If that doctor is good, you should have the same amount injected every single time. Through a little bit of trial and error, I've found an amazing doctor, and that's what I've found. Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back