Can eczema/eczema creams affect adhesion??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren.

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who Im really struggling with...... She initially had a full set of liquid and powder (using CND Retention+) and within four days four nails had completely come off but with no damage to the nail plate. I, therefore, took the liberty to replace all four nails for her as I presumed these didnt adhere right (not sure why???), I included nail prime on the 4 nails. Anyway, within 5 days all 10 nails have completely come off and again no damage to the nail plate. Completely baffled as I don't have this problem with other clients or with my own nails.

She has admitted that she is extremely heavy handed and clumsy but this wouldnt make the enhancement come clean off (I could understand breakages etc). I saw her again today and she told me that she has eczema (didn't tell me this at consultation) and that she uses a various oily creams......could this be causing this problem?? And also is there anything else I could try to make them adhere better on this client because she loved the nails and I really want to give her a set which will last, have read on here somewhere about a 'scrubfresh sandwich' or something - does this help wih this type of client??

Thank you so much to anyone who can help.

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure that creams for excema would remove L&P this quickly, if at all.

I have excema, which is actually on my hands, palms and knuckles, and I use a variety of prescription based creams & potions with no lifting issues at all.

This client may just need some extra prep - and yes, try the scrubfresh sandwich.......
Prep in the normal way, then use your scrubfresh, then apply Nail Fresh, then apply scrubfresh again - you must use Scrubfresh last as this contains pathogen fighters which keep the nail plate santised.
I have been known to use this method, and if they have lift still, use this method on 1 finger, then apply, then 2nd finger then apply etc etc. Very time consuming, but not as time consuming as filing out lifting!!!

Give it a whirl & see how you get on. Be sure you are doing a thorough prep before your Scrubfresh trick.

And just another thought....is your Koala getting a bit used? It may also help to use the new 240 side of the Koala on this client too. Just a thought?

Hi Bev, I used a new koala and made sure I removed all shine. Will definately try the scrubfresh sandwich on this lady. I just cant understand how the whole enhancement is coming off, even after using nail prime, and with no damage to her nail plate. Its baffling me and I dont like to be beaten.

Thanks for your advice

I had trouble with a client who had used her cream heavily just before coming in for her new nails - I think it must have soaked into the surface and wasn't removed properly by normal prep. So, she came in first thing in the morning and delayed the use of her cream. As an added precaution I asked her to wash her hands thoroughly prior to service and then used the scrubfresh sandwich trick. We were amazed at the difference.

I had trouble with a client who had used her cream heavily just before coming in for her new nails - I think it must have soaked into the surface and wasn't removed properly by normal prep. So, she came in first thing in the morning and delayed the use of her cream. As an added precaution I asked her to wash her hands thoroughly prior to service and then used the scrubfresh sandwich trick. We were amazed at the difference.

That's a good point!

I have also found that the odd person can have oily nail plates, and not matter how much prepping, gentle filing to removbe shine & scrubfreshing I do, they STILL have a shine come back really quick, before I've got zone 3 in!! I suggest these clients don't oil everyday, as when they do, they loose nails whole like what your suggesting......just an thought.

Thank you, Ive seen the lady in the salon today and she did say that she puts her creams on her eczema morning and night so prior to having her nails done she had applied cream to herself and also her daughter (who also has eczema). We are going to try again during the week and for her not to put any cream on in the morning and will also try the scrubfresh thingy. Will let you know how we get on.

Thanks again for your help

Latest posts

Back