can everyone sculpt and tip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deby

Reaction score
Just wonderin out of couriosity who can sculpt and tip and which did you learn first.
I tip and at the moment tryin to master sculpting (gettin there slowly)
I know a tech who is fantastic at sculpin but cant tip then another who can tip but cant sculpt.
The main thing i seem to be strugglin with when sculptin is gettin my forms to fit snug and give a good profile as to build on.

Just wonderin out of couriosity who can sculpt and tip and which did you learn first.
I know a tech who is fantastic at sculpin but cant tip then another who can tip but cant sculpt.
The main thing i seem to be strugglin with when sculptin is gettin my forms to fit snug and give a good profile as to build on.

Hi I can tip, but am still learning , and I did have a go at sculpts last night goodness they looked like my nails were melting and they were so thick and lumpy underneath
it took ages to file them too :cry: , but I just got the new free Nsi DVD and its good to watch the sculpts on there , give them a ring and get one free to
Tel 0500-131-009 :hug:

I think it takes practice and patience with both......

When I went to school ages back we were taught both .....although I confess it was much easier to tip.....so that's what I did for ages.....but in order to be a good tech all around I practiced my sculpts.....and now 20 yrs later :rolleyes: I can say I am good at both..... in the L&P department..... although ..I've not dared to sculpt in gels yet.....as gels are still relatively new to me .....(they didn't have gels when I trained).......although personally I do like tips better ( easier on me ) could be sheer laziness on my part.....but that's what I'm more comfortable with for clients......but when I do my own nails....it's always a sculpt....go figure:rolleyes:.....everyone has there weaknesses ......but thats ok.....because there is always one thing in this biz we can count on......

Lots of helpful peeps.....and lots of training ! .....keep practicing and you will soon master all ....!:hug:

I tip atm.. With the amount of fantastic tips and nail art tips on the market it would be EASY for me to keep it at that.. ((as i have to say it was a nightmare the first few times i did it in class)) But like the OP said if you want to be a good tech then you should be able to do both.. Hopefully in 20 years i will be better at it then i am now.. But i wont stop trying!:green:

I can both tip and sculpt and do tend to sculpt as much as possible it is no cheaper to do but is also quicker :)

I can tip & sculpt, but I sculpt most of the time, so I'm better at that.
I learnt to tip first, & only did that for about the first 2-3 years, then I discovered EzFlow forms, threw out the horseshoe ones & it opened a whole new world to me.

I can tip and sculpt, I hated sculpting at first, but after loads and loads of practising I now love sculpting as I find it so much faster. I sculpt now whenever I can. I think its good to know how to do both well, so you always have the option.:hug:

on my foundation course i was taught to tip, but i did a day extra with the trainer to learn to sculpt straight away. i then went to work in a sculpt only salon and did no tips for 2 years. i did a conversion course with another company and was shown a better way of tipping. so i now do both. i'm eaqually comfortable with both techniques.

Thanks guys you have all given me hope , i do enjoy doin nails and when you enjoy doing something ya tend to get good at it .
Also ive been tryin to work out which method is the cheapest and as far as i can tell there aint much diffrent in the cost , is it just a case that sculp, once mastered is quicker ?x x x

I can do both but much prefer sculpting.

The reason I suppose is my current system (Bio Sculpture) doesnt work so well with tips and I have therefore perfected (although still room for improvement) sculpting.

both here too, love sculpting!

I can do both, prefer tipping tbh, I hate the way clients look at me funny when I sculpt as if I've been too lazy to put a tip on. I've tried explaining but you know . . .:rolleyes:

i can do both but i mostly tip as i prefer it personally i am more comforatble tipping... i will sculpt repairs and on my self. If the client has no preference then i tip.

I do both but much prefer sculpting, I can (nearly) jump straight in and create!
where as with tipping I really hate faffing about sizing them and adhering them lol xx

I do both but much prefer sculpting, I can (nearly) jump straight in and create!
where as with tipping I really hate faffing about sizing them and adhering them lol xx

Glad its not just me that thinks tipping is too much faffing about!

Hello hun ... im lucky i had a fab teacher so i can do both but with the forms sometimes you may have to cut a little out to get a good fit i found that creative performance forms are fab xxx emily xx

I do both but prefer to sculpt when possible.

I was taught to do both but much prefer sculpting, less fuss than using tips imo but then I'd go with whatever suited the person I was doing nails on at the time.

Hi,

I can do both, but tend to tip more, mind u last week I think I sculpted most clients. I like to keep a hand in at sculpting as I do mostly tips.

aint read all this thread flower, but i sculpt now (i can do both tho - i started off with tips, and thought they were the bees knees, since i trained with sculpting, i very rarely tip - sculpts are so much quicker - im actually horrified if anyone wants tips as i think i may be abit under par with those babies - if you can sculpt - i dont think you will go back to tips (unless you really have to)

SCULPTS ALL THE WAY FOR ME NOW :hug:

Latest posts

Back