Can gel contain MMA?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
I know that the powders have PMMA and in that's form it's OK (the powder) just the liquid is harmful.....but what about gel?? Can gel contain the harmful MMA???

i'm just bumping my question up..... :oops:

Sorry Anna, can't help you on your question, but can help you bump right back up again ;)

Dellie

Hi Anna,

I have never heard of MMA being a concern when it comes to gel products.

Are you concerned about the one you are using or maybe another nail technician or is it just an 'I want to know' question?

I'm not an authority so I will give the Geek a nudge to reply to you as soon as he can.

Peppercorn Nails said:
Sorry Anna, can't help you on your question, but can help you bump right back up again ;)

Dellie

He he, thanks Dellie :D

geeg said:
Hi Anna,

I have never heard of MMA being a concern when it comes to gel products.

Are you concerned about the one you are using or maybe another nail technician or is it just an 'I want to know' question?

I'm not an authority so I will give the Geek a nudge to reply to you as soon as he can.

Well, to be honest I have heard that this one gel (not one of the onces I use) "might" contain MMA......I didn't know what to say...I know powder is OK, liquid is not...but gel....? I don't know....

Technically... I dont see why gel couldnt... but to be honest, I'm not 100% sure. Let me look into it and ill get Doug or Paul to comment on it. Ill post the finding as soon as I get a reply.

toodles

Thanks Geek :D

See Anna - it worked (ha ha) ;)

Devilish Dellie :twisted:

MMA could be used in a gel. The safety would depend on the concentration of use. I suspect it would not be a problem at low concentrations.

Just out of curiosity..Why r u interested?

You see Geek, I'm a Gemini.....a curious person...I just have to know LOL
the subject came up and I thought...hmmm....good question LOL

Thanks for the answer, i'm happy now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back